“Not a great experience at the Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We checked in Friday afternoon and when we left for dinner we told the desk clerk that there was a ticking/ dripping noise in our air conditioner. She said she would have it taken care of. We returned late that evening to the same noise . A dripping "chinese torture" kind of noise. Needless to say it was almost a sleepless night.

The next morning the same desk clerk said it had been checked out that the noise was coming from the air conditioner above leaking condensate onto our ledge and all the rooms were like that. I find this hard to believe. This was my first and last stay at the Crowne Plazq

Room Tip: check on the a/c noise. be aware that the "continental" breakfast that may come with your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Elliottk60,
Thank you for letting us know about you recent stay and please accept our apologies for the less than restful night you had with us. I have already reviewed you remarks with our guest registration team and maintenance department to identify and fully correct the problem you experienced. We know that a good night's sleep is essential for an enjoyable stay and this is not a common problem. I deeply regret you were told otherwise. We do wish you might afford us another chance as I am confident we can make things right. If you would like to try us again, please feel free to contact my office directly so we can make your reservation. Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We flew into Fort Meyers and wanted to spend a night there before heading to a house rental in Naples. Picked this place because its rates were great compared to others in the area, it had a good rating, and was close enoough to an Enterprise where we could save money by renting a car there rather than through the airport. We were not disappointed. This place was great. Happy hour started at 11:00 am! The staff was beyond helpful and courteous. Shopping right there if that's to your liking and a great little Mexian restaurant you could just walk to that had great Marguaritas! We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bwo80
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear bwo80,
Thank you for taking time to let us know that you enjoyed you overnight stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. It was nice to hear that we could get you off to a good start on your vacation stay in Naples. And yes, happy hours starts every weekday at 11am in Shoeless Joe's Sports Cafe! It was also nice to hear you had an opportunity to walk across the street and enjoy the Bell Tower Shops. We hope to see you again soon and enjoy your time in SWFL.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had an unplanned stay at the Crowne Plaza in Fort Myers recently while traveling around Florida. What a fabulous hotel! We had a clerk (in training) at the front desk who was friendly, helpful and welcoming. The outdoor heated pool was just what we needed after driving for hours as was the large comfortable bed. And what a treat to discover that my membership with IHG allowed us to use the Executive Floor to enjoy appetizers in the evening and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Wish I didn't live so far away as I'd love to return for another visit!

1  Thank Acadia80

Dear Acadia80,
We love it when an unplanned stop turns out so good and on behalf the the entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers, thank you for the very nice review. We were happy to hear that our staff and amenities surpassed your expectations. It especially great hearing that from our valued IHG Rewards Club members. Hopefully the next time you have an unplanned stop you will be nearby and if not, just plan on coming back for a little get-a-way! Thank you again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel has always been the hotel I stay in when I come to Ft. Myers. I can joyously say, nothing has changed. The staff is and remains friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The location is perfect. Despite my recent poor dining experience at Blue Pointe, I will return to the Crowne Plaza. It is nice to come in and smell the popcorn in the lobby, the club lounge in the morning before a round of golf. I can count on these things despite being disappointed by other places, the Crowne Plaza remains as good as it always has been. Thank you for this.

Room Tip: This time we were in room 325, which is a connecting double bed room, but the view is over the patio...
1  Thank Julietp37
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Julietp37,
On behalf of the entire team here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers, thank you for the nice review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is always rewarding to hear from our long time returning guests that they enjoy our property and location here at the Bell Tower Shops. I regret that the Blue Point restaurant at the Shops let you down this time, but I am happy to hear our staff made your stay the enjoyable experience we work to deliver to all our guests. We will keep the popcorn cooking for you too. Until the next time we wish you safe and happy travels.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Top notch service. Extremely friendly staff, always welcome me back. Comfortable bedding and great location. Hot breakfast and happy hour. I go out of my way to stay here. Best property for them money in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike B
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Mike B,
WOW! We care delighted to hear how much you enjoy staying here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we thank you for the very kind remarks about your recent stays with us. Our staff works hard to respond quickly and affirmatively to all requests and we are glad to know you found that to be the case. We hope to continue to be your place to stay when in Ft. Myers and just let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stays more comfortable. Thanks again!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We've stayed here a number of times as part of the MN Twins Fantasy Baseball Camp. It is close to the ballpark and comfortable. We did have two problems: The mirror in the bathroom crashed while we were out (fortunately). It was quickly cleaned up. The frig was too cold and froze our fruit and soft drinks. I could find no control to adjust it. I could have asked for help, but were almost ready to check out, so I let it go. Everything else was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan S

Dear Joan S,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We love our MN Twins fans and fantasy campers! It is always a fun week when you folks come to visit. Our sincere apologies for the mishap with the mirror in your room and I am glad we were able to attend to that quickly. We will also follow-up on that colder than needed fridge. We thank you and all the campers for having been our guests and look forward to your return soon. Stay warm up there in MN and safe travels.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at The Crowne Plaza as they were one of the host hotels for a baseball tournament I was playing in, and they were offering a discounted rate of $105/nt. I don't need much - a clean, QUIET room, a comfortable bed, and a decent place to eat. The room and bed were great. Even though I was on the first floor, I heard absolutely no noise from the lobby or the attached sports bar. The sports bar, "Shoeless Joe's" was an ok place to grab a beer, but not recommended for good food. Fortunately, there are a multitude of really good restaurants within walking distance at the adjacent outdoor mall. So all of my needs were met. I also spent some time at pool side enjoying the sunshine (it was below zero at home). The sun disappears from the pool area in the afternoon, but mornings were great.

Room Tip: First floor worked for me. Should be fine as long as you're far enough away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gary P
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Gary P,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza this past week. It was also good to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and quiet of your room. While I wish our sports cafe could have won you over, we were happy that you found our location with over a dozen restaurants with in easy walking distance was convenient. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again. We love our ball teams and wish you safe and enjoyable travels.
Thanks again!