“Good quality at a good price”

Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tampa, FL
“Good quality at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at Crowne Plaza at Bell Towers on a recent business trip. Located in a very nice upscale shopping area. Room was good sized, nicely appointed, comfortable mattress. Staff was very helpful and friendly. A good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank EdfromTampa
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear EdfromTampa,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and we appreciate your kind review. We are always working to make each and every guest stay one that they will enjoy and find to be a good value, just as you mentioned. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. We wish you enjoyable and safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was my second stay at The Crowne Plaza and I didn't think it could get better than my Christmas stay, but it did! Everything is geared to making my stay as stress free as possible...the room, the easy check-in, the morning buffet. Once back at my room, I didn't need to leave again, everything I needed was there. But what impressed me most was the personnel! It started at the front desk when Julianna was able to get my room ready for a very early check-in, continued each morning when Maria and Stacey supplied breakfast and ended at Shoeless Joe's when Jen J. served me a Stella in a Stella glass! Can't wait for Christmas!

Room Tip: The higher floors that ring the pool are quieter and have lovely views.
Green Features: I was very impressed! I've stayed at other hotels that has a linen and towel re-use programs but never at one that supplied recycling bags in the rooms. The room temperature was comfortable,not too cold. Liked that the room appliances were energy saving.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Kit M
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Kit M,
We couldn't be happier to have recieved your review and learn that you had such a great stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers. It was especially great to hear you enjoyed so many of our wonderful staff members as they are the ones that really make a difference at our hotel. I will be sure to let Juli, Stacey, Maria and Jen all know you appreciated their attention and we hope you won't wait until Christmas to come back and see us! We will make sure to have a cold Stella for you then too! Thank you and we wish you happy and safe travels.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I cannot say enough about this property. Everything from the pool to the delicious restaurant. The entire process was so smooth. From making a reservation with Sarah, to checking into the hotel with Jovita. Even Maria upstairs was so pleasant. Sure, there are brand new properties, but the less than average service you will receive from those isnt worth it. If you are looking for a home away from home, or a second family, choose to stay here. The weather was unfortunately bad when i was down but that didnt stop me from shopping across the way. You wont even have to leave the hotel if you dont want to. Thanks again for making my stay complete!

Room Tip: Ask for a female room.
Green Features: they recycle all of the unused soap, shampoo, and conditioner
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Samantha C
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Samantha C,
What a very nice review! We thank you for having been our guest here at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We believe our staff truely sets us apart from the other properties in the area with a strong committment to making each guest stay a special and positive experience. I will be sure to let Jovita and Maria know that you enjoyed their service. It was also great to hear you were able to enjoy our garden pool, restaurant and the adjacent Bell Tower Shops. We look forward to having you come back again and we wish safe and happy travels.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spent 2 days there and it was just wonderful. I even reserved the room at a higher rate and when I found the same room at a lower rate, they immediately gave me the lower rate. The room was wonderful and the beds fantastic. The pool was perfect, the restaurant in the hotel was wonderful, and everyone was very friendly. The only thing I could say was after speaking with another guest while at the pool, she did have jewelry go missing during maid cleaning and she advised that the hotel did NOTHING to compensate her. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I would like to believe that was not the case. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone, hands down!!!

Room Tip: We had the king room with pull out couch which was more the sufficient space. We were also pool sid...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Casey D
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Casey D,
Thank you very much for the very nice review of your recent stay with us nhere at the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers. We are truely delighted you had such a good time and that you found our beds and pool area enjoyable. I checked and we had no reports made by anyone missing any jewelry so hopefully the guest you encountered found what they were looking for? We hope that when you are traveling back to Ft. Myers you will choose to saty with us again. We value the feedback we recieve from each and every guest and hope to see you again. Safe and happy travels to you.
St. Marys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Checked in around noon, room was ready, front desk quickly got me into the room, Fantastic equipped room. Had a microwave and a refrigerator, nice comfortable bed and very nice views.All the staff was very good, always smiling and greeting,There is bar/restaurant by the Lobby, had some drinks and a Philly Cheeseteak there, it was also very good. The bathroom in the room was a little small, but that is the case with some of the building which have been around for a while, but beyond that, Crowne Plaza was modern in every sense of the way. I did not like the low flow shower head they had in there, which seems to the rage everywhere. I like a little flow with my shower.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side building have the view of the Pool
Green Features: A for effort, but I would rather have a normal shower head so I can get the dang shampoo out quickly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lahoree
Dear Iahoree,
It was a real pleasure to read your review from your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and we thank you for having been our guest. It was also nice to hear you found having both a microwave and a refrigerator in your room a convenience. I know many guests have told us that was a featured they did not expect but really appreciated. We also thank you for your kind words about Shoeless Joe's Sports cafe and our Philly Cheese steak sandwich. I will be sure to let our team there know. We hope we will see you again when your travels bring you to Ft. Myers and we wish you safe and enjoyable travels.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were on our way to a vacation condo on Little Gasparilla island. The ferry only ran until 6pm, so we opted to stay the first night in a hotel. I mistakenly thought I was booking a hotel in the historic district of Ft. Myers and was disappointed, however, the area is in one giant outdoor mall, initially disconcerting, but there were many restaurants to choose from, and a grocery store nearby where we could do our shopping for the week.

The rooms were adequate, nothing special. Our check in was seamless as was check out, always a plus. The pool is lovely, very peaceful and relaxing, even though there is a parking lot on the other side of the fence, but the foliage is so lush you cannot see it. There is also a tub filled with ice and bottled water, something you will appreciate in the relentless Florida sun. The hotel has a restaurant attached and to say it is dated, is being kind. It is due for a major overhaul. Would only recommend it if you were tired and did not want to hunt for a restaurant. The fitness facility is small but more than adequate for a workout. When we arrived parking was non existent, but just as I was about to start looking, a spot opened up right in front, so totally lucked out. I booked this hotel through Priceline and for what I paid, I definitely received value. The front desk very kindly let my wife have a late checkout as she had to do a conference call with her staff. Not a place I would stay at for an extended time but definitely good as s stepping stone to somewhere else, or for business stay, or if attending a special event such as a wedding. The historic area is a short drive away and worth a stroll to pop into the many interesting stores. The waterfront is lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mauilover_9
Dear Mauilover9,
We thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Ft. Myers and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your short stay with us. Our location here at the Bell Tower Shops is something we often hear our guests enjoy along with our tropical pool, chilled poolside water, afternoon lobby popcorn and attentive service. We will be making some updates to the property in the upcoming months and we appreciate your comments concerning our facilities and what you experienced. We do hope that when you are traveling back to Ft. Myers you will stay with us again, we are always working on improving our property and services. We wish you enjoayable and safe travels.
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice Hotel, restaurant on site, lots of meeting space. Nice size pool towels and bottled water
provided.

Service in the restaurant could be improved, but the food was good.

Walking distance to Bell Tower Shops and restaurants.

Have stayed there twice, would not hesitate to stay again.

Green Features: Hotel does give option of not having linens changed daily.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bonnie A
Jim L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Bonnie A,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Crowne Plaza Fort Myers and thank you for being our guest. We value the feedback we recieve from each and every guest and always enjoy hearing what they liked and disliked. I will certainly follow-up on the service in our restaurant but I was happy to hear you enjoyed your meal overall. Many guests tell us they enjoy our tropical pool, complimentray poolside bottle water and over sized pool towels that we provide. We do hope that you will be back again soon and please ask about our Female Traveler rooms, that have some added perks for our women business travelers. Thank you again and safe travels.