“You get what you pay for at this place” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL
Ranked #49 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Edgewater Fl
“You get what you pay for at this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

The place is bellow standard. Everything was barely ok. I was alone in my way south to the Keys. My wife would refuse to stay here. "Not that bad " i said to myself.Early in AM I had the feeling that something was crawling on my leg. I was too sleepy and thought it was my imagination.
In the morning I got out of bad and quickly pulled the sheets on the side, There was a small roach trying to escape. I killed it and left it on the sheets in plain site. My appetite for breakfast in that place was gone and chose to get just a coffee while checking out. The place was messy with the garbage can overfilled. The same girl working the desk was trying to clean it up. By mistake she spilled a coffee on the floor. I felt sorry for her so I didnt mention the roach.

Room Tip: Im not to demanding but i would leave this place alone
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a response regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay here. I would like to address the issue with the bugs we do have the hotel serviced on a regular basis and I will make sure that that room get extra attention. As for the breakfast, I am sorry you did not feel like eating due to unforeseen circumstances. Sometimes during the breakfast they get busier than expected and get a little backed up for the most part the worker has it under control. We try very hard to make sure our customers have a pleasant stay here at our hotel but sometimes there are thing's that happen that we don't know about until after the fact. The Howard Johnson has many good things to offer the location to shopping and many fine dining areas. I do hope in the future you will give us another opportunity to make your next visit a more pleasant one for you.

Respectfully

Howard Johnson Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Turkish first
Lehigh Acres, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Me and my friends stayed at the hotel in different rooms. When I sat down to eat pizza there was roaches in the wall and in the table. I gave my son a shower and with in 5 minutes his feet were black underneath guess carpets has never been washed. Wen I went to lay down there was roaches in the nightstand and in the walls. Drawers were broken from both rooms. No conditioner only shampoos. Coffee packs were opened. My friend have to switch rooms at 1am after kids were sleeping because a/c was broken. There were weird girls walking around the halls and to many cops around the building. At checkout I had to wait about 30 mins. to get my deposit back because wen I checked in the girl messed up and they were sayin I had no cash deposit on file. This was a waist of money I would never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
      Location
1 Thank anamary1129
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel. I am sorry you did not have a good experience during your stay. We do have the hotel treated on a monthly basis to make sure we do not have some of the issues you spoke of. As for the carpet being dirty I will bring that to the attention of the maintenance department so it can be cleaned immediately. Unfortunately sometimes we do not get any notice when an a/c goes out but I do apologize for the inconvenience. As for the shampoo many of the new shampoo's are shampoo and conditioners in one, if that was not the case I do apologize. I am sorry for the mix up you had during your check out but am glad to hear it was finally straightened out. Sometimes mix ups like that happen and it just takes a minute to get them straightened out. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next stay a better experience for you. Again thank you for staying at our hotel. We do have many good things to offer we are located close to many shopping areas as well as fine dining areas.

Respectfully,

Judy Coleman
Roanoke
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Room was on the backside which was very dark.Needs additional night lighting.could use painting.Overall a good value for the price.Located on busy road & easy to find.Restruants within short driving distance.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
judycoleman1, Revenue Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay at the Howard Johnson Hotel. I am glad you were pleased with your room and the location of the hotel. As you stated the location is easy access to mall shopping as well as many fine food restaurants. We do hope on your next visit you will stay with us again.

Respectfully,