“Good stay”

Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL
Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Filled with BIG roaches, front desk wouldn't refund our money, walls appeared to have fecal matter on them, so dirty n disgusting, would much rather sleep in the car, we could not stay there.Never been so horrified in my life, seriously worse than horror movies.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ctefahn
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I thought for $85, I would at get a clean room to stay in while interviewing in the area, especially after such a long drive to Fort Myers. Well, when I arrived, there were no sheets on the bed, and the bathroom had clearly not been cleaned. I had to go back out to the front desk staff to ask for my bed to be made and room to be cleaned before I could put my things in there. It was a good thing that I was willing to head to the beach for a little bit while they finished my room (note - I did not check in early, I actually was checking in an hour late...).

When I woke up in the morning, all I could see were tiny cockroaches crawling everywhere... on the floor, on the night stand, on the tv, in the bathroom sink, on the bathroom walls. The place was crawling with bugs and it terrified me. I couldn't wait to check out.

Although I had an absolutely awful experience with the room, I actually thought the front desk associates were very helpful and friendly, which is always pleasant to be around. I am just very disappointed in the quality of the room that I was given to stay in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Colborne
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for a few nights while visiting Fort Myers, original assigned room was not available due to maintenance. Housekeeper saw the problem and quickly got us a new room. After we left the hotel, I noticed I had inadvertantly left some items in the night stand. I called the front desk, spoke with Ashish who made sure the housekeeper got tha goods to the front desk. Overall great staff to deal with.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed here, had to share a room with a co-worker.. Come to find out, housekeeping was not giving new towels, they were actually re-using the same towels that you would place on the floor as a sign to replace the towels, they would re-fold used towels.

A couple of my colleagues said the same thing!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business