“No Go To HoJo”

Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Savannah, Georgia
“No Go To HoJo”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked a two night stay to attend an athletic event. My daughter's team was supposed to be staying, but they wisely cancelled after reading reviews. I had booked on Priceline, and had unfortunately had to prepay for two nights. First time I've done that, and the last. Pulled into the parking lot at 10:15 PM and immediately greeted by the sight of guests hanging over the second floor railing in their wife-beater T shirts. Should have been my tipoff. Took ten minutes to check in as Ms. Patel could not locate the reservation of the two gentlemen ahead of me, until they produced a paper copy-then she found it! Checked in and proceeded to drive around to my room--parking lot littered with trash and yard debris. Property is enclosed with a falling down chain link fence--not sure if it is to keep the neighborhood out or the HoJo guests in. Room is deplorable, big stain on carpet right as you walk in. If appearance is everything, then this place has nothing! Has a microwave and mini-fridge, all powered by different colored extension cords. in fact the power strip that is sitting on the table/desk looks like it couldn't handle a 15 watt bulb. Light fixture in the bathroom ceiling has two bulbs, one of which is fully exposed, no cover at all. Towels, cloths, all poor grade. No tissues at all, but I must say I thought all toilet paper rolls were standard size until I saw the industrial-sized roll they were using. The television was pre 1990's, very poor picture and sound. Bed was sagging. I must say I kept my glasses off for the most part because I was scared what I might see. If it hadn't been so late at night, I would have checked out. Did leave the next morning, giving up my paid next night. I was so thankful my daughter's team had cancelled, as they would have probably caused the second floor railing to collapse as the clientele rushed out of the rooms upon their arrival. One of the worst travel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights. The room was dingy with holes in the bed spreads and ill fitting mattress covers. The room had a musky smell to it. The towels were not as clean as the should be. No coffee or cups in the room. Desk clerk said that they ran out of both. Could not use the air conditioner at all due to a very foul order coming from it. Thank God it was cool weather for our stay there. The hallways were covered with cigarette butts on both levels and the trash containers were overfilled. The attitude of the desk clerks were awful and did not care what problems we had during our stay. When we checked out the clerk did not say thank you or even acknowledge our presence there. So if you are curious on how people in a underdeveloped country lives....use this hotel for the experience....if not...STAY AWAY!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank riveraph
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We were here for 3 days. The hotel is run down with over filled trash cans and cigarette Butts on the walkways on both levels. There was a white suv parked near the office taking up 2 parking spaces. I complained to the desk clerk and she acted indignant andtold me that suv was the owner of the hotel and that he did not want his new car scratch. I told her that those 2 spaces should be handicap parking.She just gave a blank stare. Also the beds in the room were very old and unconfortable to sleep in.The towels all looked dingy and not clean like they would be. No regular coffee in the room. The desk clerk said they were out(for the three days we were there). We've been lucky then most....no roaches or bedbugs.....yet

• Stayed March 2014