I booked a two night stay to attend an athletic event. My daughter's team was supposed to be staying, but they wisely cancelled after reading reviews. I had booked on Priceline, and had unfortunately had to prepay for two nights. First time I've done that, and the last. Pulled into the parking lot at 10:15 PM and immediately greeted by the sight of guests hanging over the second floor railing in their wife-beater T shirts. Should have been my tipoff. Took ten minutes to check in as Ms. Patel could not locate the reservation of the two gentlemen ahead of me, until they produced a paper copy-then she found it! Checked in and proceeded to drive around to my room--parking lot littered with trash and yard debris. Property is enclosed with a falling down chain link fence--not sure if it is to keep the neighborhood out or the HoJo guests in. Room is deplorable, big stain on carpet right as you walk in. If appearance is everything, then this place has nothing! Has a microwave and mini-fridge, all powered by different colored extension cords. in fact the power strip that is sitting on the table/desk looks like it couldn't handle a 15 watt bulb. Light fixture in the bathroom ceiling has two bulbs, one of which is fully exposed, no cover at all. Towels, cloths, all poor grade. No tissues at all, but I must say I thought all toilet paper rolls were standard size until I saw the industrial-sized roll they were using. The television was pre 1990's, very poor picture and sound. Bed was sagging. I must say I kept my glasses off for the most part because I was scared what I might see. If it hadn't been so late at night, I would have checked out. Did leave the next morning, giving up my paid next night. I was so thankful my daughter's team had cancelled, as they would have probably caused the second floor railing to collapse as the clientele rushed out of the rooms upon their arrival. One of the worst travel experiences I have ever had.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Fort Myers Hotel Fort Myers
- Howard Johnson Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn - FT. Myers FL Fort Myers, Florida