La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location, pet friendly, friendly and attentive staff, accommodating housekeeping. All in all a great stay at a really good price. My only suggestion to management - while the idea of making your own eggs and waffles is great in theory in practice given people's inability to focus and keep things moving along it only lead to long lines, frustration and an overall wreck at the food station. Either have someone make it all or just provide bagels. fruit and yogurt. I would go again though in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caribbean_joe007
Westlake, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is a nice hotel that is very convenient to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. It is also very close to Ft Myers Beach and its shops and restaurants. This hotel has a nice pool and hot tub. Even though it has outside corridors, it is very quiet. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lynda V
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Sadly we had a funeral and we booked the room with La Quinta.
I was traveling in from a different location and planned on meeting my wife who was driving 150 miles to the hotel later in the evening.
She left home with cash but forgot her wallet and her credit cards.
To make things easier for my wife, I called to prepay for the room as my wife was upset over the death.
I spoke to Summer and asked if I could prepay and she said she would fax over a form.
I asked for it to be emailed as I was traveling and did not have a fax.
Summer stated they could only fax it as the manager was the only one that could email it.
I asked where the manager was and if I could speak to the manager. Summer could not answer my questions and was very inconsiderate to my questions or challenges faced.

I asked if that was the policy and if there was any way this could be resolved as I would not be getting in till after midnight and my wife would check in at 3 pm.

Summer stated "Not without a credit card". I explained that I don't travel with a fax machine and that since she refused to help that I would be forsed see if any other hotel would be able to help.

She had in my opinion a "I could care less attitude" if I stayed at La Quinta or took my business elsewhere. I called another local hotel and was able to resolve my situation immediately with no inconvenience or the need for a fax machine.

I immediately called back La Quinta and again spoke to Summer who again provided her I could care less attitude and cancelled the room but she immediately provided a cancellation number.
I guess cancelling the room is her idea of excellent customer service.

Fact: Due to the attitude of this employee I have just cut up my La Quinta Membership card and will never use this chain again.
Since they promote a "I could care less if you stay at La Quinta" persona that is exactly what I will do and promote to every person that asks me about La Quinta.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Tkmellc
Harris, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the La Quinta the room & pool area was very nice . there is bike rental a block away. close to Sanibel. Nice to have breakfast. Close enough to bike to the beach. Very nice for families. Ping pong table on patio. Spacious parking.Large pool & patio area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Pamela A
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Staff made my stay exceptional! Price was reasonable for Spring Break time frame. Excellent pool; large enough for doing laps. Clean, large and well laid out rooms. Easy atmosphere. Would stay there again. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It definitely wasn't the worst. The prices on Sanibel were out my budget for this trip. So this was the closest we could get and stay on budget but not stay in a one star. The whole place was booked solid during spring break. The room wasn't the anything to brag about. The refrigerator worked. The water pressure and the wifi was slow. The beds were not pillow tops but were adequate. The pool was heated. We didn't use hot tub but others were. Our room was a joining room so we could hear every belch the coming from the people next door by door. The walls didn't block the sound much better. Breakfast was nothing to brag about. Canned fruit, 3 waffle irons, yogurt, cereal, juice and maybe some bread items. Service at desk was good and the maids cleaned room every day we were there . The best part of the hotel was location you can access Fort myers beach or Sanibel very easily as long as you beat the crowds heading the same way. Get going early, at least during spring break.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Myers
Candlewood Suites Fort Myers Sanibel / Gateway
Residence Inn Fort Myers Sanibel
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Gateway
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers ...
#9 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
Days Inn & Suites Fort Myers near JetBlue Park

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Myers - Sanibel Gateway? Share your experiences!