“Trip to Key West”

Travelodge Fort Myers
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Milton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed a few nights here. I also stayed in Naples. I noticed that the places in Naples did not allow local residents...this place absolutely allowed locals, especially in the back building...pool is not heated and is freezing. My key constantly did not work and I had to go down to get a new one. They still have tube tvs, beds were uncomfortable, bedding was cheap, wifi was not good.

If I had to stay one night for business, I would consider staying here. However, it is not a good place to stay on vacation. It needs some serious updates and need to try to attract different clientele.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

Knowing that we booked a 2.5 star hotel was okay with us, as we were planning to spend all of our days out and about. But immediately upon arrival & check in, issues began and continued non-stop. Overall- this place is unprofessional, not customer oriented, and should really be inspected by the health department. When we checked in, we were expecting a non-smoking room- as per our requests. We were given a smoking room and the receptionist just kind of shrugged his shoulders & said... "oh... you booked with priceline...? that's why..." totally dodging any responsibility. We asked if there was a way that we could move to a non- smoking room, the answer was that many people had experienced the same issue already that day & that their was a waiting list. We asked to be put on it & be called when a room opened up. No call was ever placed to us. We had to remind the front desk staff 5 times of our request. We ended up calling the hotel as we were out and asking if they had a non-smoking room available for the night, at which point the manager said, "Yes-we do" enthusiastically! We proceeded to ask her then WHY she had not placed a call to us as we requested to be moved from our smoking room to a non- smoking room. She stumbled & put us on hold and then told us we'd better hurry up and get back to the hotel to move our room otherwise the owner would be "pissed."- Nothing less than professional, eh?
Our original smoking room was terrible.- bugs all over the door (INSIDE the building not an exterior entry hotel room) and the bathroom vanity. Phone was missing buttons, bed blankets had several LARGE holes in them. Bath towels had cigarette burns/holes in them. Room smelled of mold. All surfaces were filthy- it's like they didn't wipe ANYTHING down between guests. Scariest of all... our door lock was torn away from the wall, basically non functional, the plaster around it was crumbling.
The staff overall- was courteous, but had little to no power on the operations of the place. The back building of the hotel is in shameful shape. No security, doors are propped open at all times. Carpet is super dirty. Strangest thing- STAFF LIVE IN THE HOTEL. It's like 1/2 apartment and 1/2 hotel. No one wears staff shirts or name badges.
In passing at breakfast or near the pool, 2 other couples shared with me their experiences thus far of their stays, & our experiences were mirror images. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone really.... maybe a chain smoker- as it seems to be chain smokers paradise. There are PLENTY of other options in Fort Myers who maybe more in line with a little thing called "Customer Service."

Room Tip: Call Ahead. Request a room in the building that is NEWER.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for a few days while our new house was finished. Lauren the manager checked me in and made sure that all of our needs were met . The maintenance professional ( I didn't catch his name) even asked me later if my room clean enough and everything to my liking. Overall, very clean hotel, friendly staff, great pool area with Tiki Cabanas and close to food and shopping. I shouldn't have to stay here again, but I'll recommend it to my out of town guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Travelodge-FM, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are here to serve you and meet your needs at any time. Our staff know what to do in order to please our guests: simply go above and beyond. Thanks for the highest rating, for your business, and your very kind words.