“Dirty & Old”

Travelodge Fort Myers
Ranked #47 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is very old and dirty. I did not feel safe as the lock on the door didn't work properly and I was unable to change my room. The room was very smelly. I did not sleep directly on the sheets and slept in my sweat suit and covered the pillow with my travel blanket. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. This was the worst place I have ever stayed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Travelodge-FM, Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

I send the most sincere apology's for our property not meeting your expectations. Since your departure I have had our maintenance man go to the room and replace the door lock that your mentioned. Also we had the room deep cleaned and stripped of all the old linens. Hopefully on your next trip to Fort Myers you'll give us another go and be pleased with the difference...Hope to see you soon

Lauren

Reviewed 13 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Anonymous A

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I don't think I've ever given a one star rating. I'm really not a picky person and I can usually find some redeeming factor, but with this Travelodge I just couldn't find one. When we booked our room we asked for no smoking. When we got there we were informed that only smoking rooms were available. Both my husband and I are sensitive to cigarette smoke and the room was just saturated in it. We could hardly breath and had trouble sleeping. Our clothes and luggage smelled like this room the whole week, no exaggeration. To get to our room we had to awkwardly go through the pool area and various sprinkler systems causing us to become soaked. When we got to our room we were greeted with a dirty door and dilapidated furniture. I was afraid to get under the sheets and refused to take a shower. Since it was so late and the front desk was so unaccommodating we stuck it out. The scary part was the door lock. Instead of the typical latch/deadbolt there was a chain lock that had obviously been broken off and reattached. Kind of scary. Witch all the sketchy looking people hanging around the front desk, I was very much afraid someone would break in during the night. Also, the food offered in the cooler shouldn't be allowed to be sold (gross ice cream sandwiches), but we were told that the manager wouldn't let them be thrown out.

I implore you. If you must stay at a Travelodge do not stay at this one. The airport one is far nicer.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are horrible. Also the "old" building is where we stayed. Hopefully the re...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just want to warn anyone believing the 7.8 review to beware. If traveling with a pet you will be quarantined in the rear building surrounded by clutter and garbage. If you choose a king size bed don't count on it because of your pet you'll receive a twin bed and like it. You will also be charged extra for the pet and unless you come in the summer bring a wetsuit because the pool is freezing. The room is old and tired right down to the empty iron station and the rusty luggage holder, also the shower curtain was a few inches too short so be ready to wade out of the bathroom too. The breakfast consists of 2 types of cereal, waffle mix, three types of bread and juice or coffee-very taste.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights . The staff was very helpfull with recommendations on things to do and places to eat out. The inside was remolded and very clean. Beds were soft , comfortable and sheets were clean. They offered a morning continental breakfast with everything you need including the waffle maker. The pool area was nice and clean, with plenty of chairs for all the guest. The weather was fairly cold so the pool water was too cold to swim, but outside pools don't need to be heated. We will stay here again on our next trip to Ft. meyers. Thanks.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This place is a dump. The pool is cold, the ice is warm, the sheets are dirty, the price is too high. All tile floor in the room for some reason- maybe it's easier the clean up the blood that way? I won't mention the strange stain on the lampshade because that would just be piling on. Did I mention this is the bad side of town- we'll it is.

But, the desk staff is empowered and friendly. It's as if they know they are renting rooms in a sewer and actually feel bad about it. They will do what they can to make it right, but since the owners have no pride in the product, options are limited.

Room Tip: Best tip is to keep driving until you leave North Ft Meyers and find a different place. Unless your...
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks in January 2014 and had a wonderful time .I've stayed at lots of Travelodge's in the past and found this one to be the best one yet, it was clean people were friendly and helpful and Lauren the manager did a great job making you feel at home .To my surprise even the pool maintenance men were amazing friendly helpful and even a sense of humor we had a good time talking with them while sitting around the pool one of them even cut down a fresh coconut for us to try it was amazing The only thing I would like to see improved upon would be the housekeeping staff they really on the most part only did what was absolutely necessary. I will definitely stay here again in fact were already thinking of our next trip and will be staying at this location . For a 2.5 star hotel they go above and beyond .Thanks all for a wonderful time Lynda

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Travelodge-FM, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

The best way to appreciate all the aspects of our hospitality is to spend more than one just night and you did just that. Thanks for the same and thank you for your very kind words and most of all the award of 5 green bubbles out of 5. Which is excellent! Look forward to welcome you soon again.