“Had to stay for baseball tournament”

Travelodge Fort Myers
Ranked #50 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Unless sleeping in the street is your only option do not stay at this dirty and unfriendly motel. There are 2 floors with no elevator. The front desk staff is always busy apologizing for some problem, of which there are many. Disgusting upper floor(like the Bates Motel) dirty rooms, and poor housekeeping service. I was told that rooms are made up only every 3 days. Housekeeper gave me a large plastic bag for ME to put used towels in to exchange for clean ones! Front desk personnel sitting out front smoking with others while front desk left unattended. Front desk most unfriendly when I asked for extra towels. She said she had to go to another building for them. As I stood there waiting she said very rudely"I'm not going now". Also to top it off there was a used condom in the parking lot. NEVER AGAIN!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandma0428
Travelodge-FM, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for these comments. We take cleanliness and customer service very seriously and are displeased to read that you were less than 100 percent satisfied. While we satisfy hundreds of guests each week, some guests are still not being completely satisfied, and this is troubling to me. I sincerely apologize for any ways in which we fell short. We’re improving all the time and look forward to welcoming you back.For any ways in which we fell short of meeting your expectations, I apologize.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I'd like to take a min. and say thank you to Rudy & Beckie for the great service they provided me with they go above and beyond there job title to assure my stay was as comfortable as possible & are straight forward & honest with you I also like the fact they do not judge you for your appearance that means a lot to me you should never judge a book by its cover you guys where amazing and would diffidently recommend everyone to stay there thanks again and wish you guys a great day...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

What a 5 star review...thanks for the praises for my staff !!. Thanks for your business and welcome to the family. We hope you will make this your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was unable to get rooms on 1st floor. Building does not have an elevator. Very hard to roll heavy suitcases up stairs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge-FM, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your visit and for taking time to post a review on this site; we welcome reviews...they reinforce the positive and help us improve our services when negative. We apologize that we were unable to accommodate you with a first floor room during your stay. We do our very best to fill all requests from our guests. Unfortunately, sometimes we are not able to due to possibly guests extending their stay, leaving us unable to accommodate certain requests. We hope that give us another chance to meet your lodging needs.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I made a reservation at this Travelodge using Booking.com. When I arrived at the hotel, I was told that there were no rooms available, and I would not be able to stay there. They showed me the fax they had received from the booking agency several hours earlier, but upon receiving this fax they decided to take no action to ensure that my room would be available. The girl at the front desk, Sonia, was extremely rude and condescending to my family and I. She even went so far as to imply that the situation was our fault, for booking a reservation the day we were planning to check in. We had made our reservation more than twelve hours prior, the booking agency listed several available rooms, there was no fine print saying our room was not guaranteed to be available. We received a confirmation of our booking, and no communication from Travelodge or Booking.com indicating that there was no room for us. We were several hours from home in a not-so-great neighborhood, and the hotel we reserved turned us away.

Word of warning: Having a reservation doesn't mean they reserve you a room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rain R

Thanks for your comments. Negative comments show us where we’re going wrong and help us improve, so they’re very valuable to us. You have helped us in ways you’ll never know. I sincerely apologize that we may not have been at our best when you visited. Fortunately, we’re getting better every day, and customers who stay with us now are getting better service and nicer rooms than those who stayed just a few weeks ago. I hope you’ll try us again when the need arises.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed for 2.5 months. Rooms had not been shampooed since who knows when. Smelled like dirty socks. Air conditioning units never been serviced and air filter not change. I caught a very bad bacterial pneumonia and currently hospitalized at home. One staff member had served 27 yrs for murder, a guest 7.5 for the same. Desk mgr three time felon. Resident drug dealers, don't go into parking for walks at night. Have history of hold ups. Lots of crime immediate area. Many male guests came down with respiratory illness while there. Many prostitutes visit regularly in the 500 bldg. Police raids. Price was right, but this is the package. No fitness room and cold pool.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with the Travelodge Ft Myers during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and have addressed your observations for further improvement towards safety and security.Upon receipt of your review, the maintenance and housekeeping staff has been instructed to check all the amenities including all the observations put forth by you in the review.

We are obliged for the overall remark of the hotel shall take special care on the amenities, cleanliness and the service to our guests.

We hope that you will choose us once again and have a new experience.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Not only was the mattress disgusting the linen was also dirty. Contacted front desk and asked to switch rooms. Was informed that I was unable to do so. So I checked out immediately. By far one of the worst hotel experiences. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2014

*Housekeeping received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.
*We have taken steps to check and ensure the overall cleanliness of the rooms are perfect before checking in a new guest and the concerned staff has been given the required training.

We are sorry that it wasn't the pleasant experience you had anticipated. Our apologies.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.
We would like to invite you to once again choose us during your next visit and have a delightful experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge-FM, Manager at Travelodge Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014