“Our stay was fine.”

Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Brighton, MI
“Our stay was fine.”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We like to stay at a Residence Inn whenever possible, even just overnight, but this time we were staying three nights, over Thanksgiving. We checked in early, around noon, and our room was ready, even without calling first. The room was very clean and fresh and what we expect from a one bedroom RI. The only minor problem was that one of the windows in both the bedroom and living area had broken seals, so they were very fogged, but the view was of an interior courtyard and the back of a building so it wasn't an issue. If we were staying longer than the three nights I might have asked for another room, but we spent minimal time in the room. Oh yeah and the bathtub drain was a little blocked so by the end of the stay we were standing in water; I mentioned it to the staff on the way out for the next guest.
Breakfast was good, as usual, normal selection, nothing spectacular, but good enough for a start to your day.
The staff was very friendly, including everyone we met.
I had two free night certificates and we paid for one night so the stay was very economical.
When we are in Fort Myers, we will surely stay at this Residence Inn again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear ontheHuron,

Thank you for sharing the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time here, and we thank you for choosing our property! We actually are planning on having a few windows such as the one you mentioned replaced in 2014 and hope to solve that minor issue we have in a few suites.

If I can be of any assistance in booking future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Have a Happy Holidays, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

ri.rswri.agm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I only stayed one night, and I wanted to check out a Residence Inn. The front desk clerk was very friendly and gave me some local directions. The room was a one bedroom, and frankly it was much more than I needed for one night. The TV's were older, and the bathroom was small. The kitchen was complete and though I didn't stay for a month, I could see how useful the full size fridge, two burner stove and microwave would be. I has happy for utensils to eat my take-out dinner. If this Residence Inn is any example, it's not any better than a Courtyard, just bigger and designed for a long stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here. Residence Inns and Courtyards are very similar other than the extended stay factor, these two brands typically go hand in hand and you will see them placed next to each other often. If you should ever need assistance in booking future stays, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks for staying with us!

Markle, Indiana
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The staff was very helpful. Upgraded us to a two bedroom since our son had decided to join us. Will stay here again if traveling in the Fort Myers area. We usually stay at Holiday Inn Express' and enjoy them but our stay here made us a convert to Marriott!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Hi Lori,

Welcome to the family! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are excited to see you back again soon. If I can ever be of assistance to you during your travels please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Groveland, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2013

To be quite honest, we were placed in the wrong room upon arrival. We had booked a room with a separate door for the bedroom and were given a studio instead. The front desk clerk was very good to make the correction for us. However, I found the bed to be very uncomfortable. It was as hard as a rock so was unable to sleep. I knew they said it was the only room like it available so I didn't ask to switch rooms. Also, the concept of the hot breakfast bar is a great benefit but was very disappointed in the quality of the food. Thanks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Victor,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and although we are sad to hear that you were not completely satisified with your time here, we will be looking at ensuring our mattresses are being rotated properly to provide a comfortable night sleep for all of our guests. We hope that you will give us a try again in the future, and if I can be of any assistance in booking a future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The staff are all extremely helpful and very pleasent to deal with. The rooms are immaculate and it is very quiet. The complementary breakfast is terrific and the social hour in the evening is extremely pleasent. It was such a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you visiting us! If I can ever assist you with reservations in the future we would love to have you back, feel free to contact me directly at anytime.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I will recommend this hotel to my co workers, family and friends. Amy (the lady who checked me in) was excellent and very informative. The associates we saw in the hallways or lobby always greeting with a smile. I started working as a front desk agent i can recognize a good costumer service and that's what this hotel has.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Hi Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We strive to provide a friendly and service oriented environment so I am glad to hear that you felt that way about our staff. Especially Amy! I will be sure to share your comments with her, as well as the rest of our staff so that she can be recognized. We hope to see you again in the future, and thank you for spreading the word! If you ever need future assistance in making reservations do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I love Residence Inn when you need a little space. The staff was very friendly and the location near the airport was great for us and even Sanibel isn't far away. We traveled there twice! Nice breakfast in the morning. The pool looked nice; although we didn't have a chance to try it. Nice outdoor area for sitting in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Hi Lana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! We greatly appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you enjoyed Sanibel Island, it sure is a beautiful place to visit! If you ever need assistance booking future stays with us, or anything else please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks again for staying with us!

At your service,