“Enjoyed a Nice Stay”

Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Enjoyed a Nice Stay”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel that was conveniently located to the Key West ferry. After finding nothing that suited our needs, we picked this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and nicely laid out. We stayed two nights on each end of our trip to Key West. I always liked staying at a Residence Inn for the breakfast but the breakfast at this location was below what I've come to expect from other Residence Inns that I have stayed at. I will stay use this hotel again for another trip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Neal J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope you had a great time down in Key West! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Adam Winning, Assistant General Manager
adam.winning@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
edmonton, canada
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Pool and spa were great. My boys made friends while here. Rooms were clean and large. I had booked a smaller room than I meant to by accident and Jake at the desk was very helpful in this regard. I stay in hotels every week as a business traveler and this hotel represents the quality and consistency of the Marriott brand.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SunnyMcWarmguy
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear SunnyMcWarmGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about our hotel and staff. I believe you are referring to Chase that assisted you, and I will make sure that your comments are shared with him. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and hope that we can welcome you (and your son's new friends) back again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We are generally fans of the Residence Inn line of hotels and have had decent stays at this one in past years. This year, we never had the chance. After arriving late in the evening, we were informed that our room wasn't available due to an issue with recent rains. Although the issue occurred a day prior, they didn't contact us in advance (they claimed they couldn't reach us by phone, but email certainly worked. I got all of the confirmations and promos by email).

Although we had booked a one bedroom w/kitchenette for two nights, the only offered to put us up in a basic hotel room at a sister property for one night. We'd then be responsible for packing up, checking out, and carting our things around with us for 4 hours until check in. After some verbal arm-twisting, they finally did agree to put us up for one night at the RI Sanibel which turned out to be a better property.

We were extremely disappointed to be bumped without warning, considering we'd made the reservation four months in advance. They least they could have done was find us a similar accommodation at their sister property. I recognize that casual travelers aren't their primary demographic, but I thought we'd be treated better. We won't be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear BostonAreaFamily,

We greatly apologize again for the unfortunate issue that you experienced while here in Fort Myers due to a situation that was out of our control. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travels and hope that we may have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am a Marriott snob, I try to only stay at Marriotts, unfortunately this was not a great hotel.

Positives:
The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Spacious rooms, not the biggest for a Residence Inn, but decent size.
A/C worked well, rooms cooler down quickly.
The breakfast was good both mornings, with the exception of the juices.

Negatives:
Location! Ugh, right next to a car dealership that leave their lights on all night, even with the room darkening curtains, the light comes through. There are train tracks close by, and it is extremely load. The 7-11 right next door has many shady characters hanging around it.
The room smelled very musty, my allergies were giving me a hard time whenever i was in the room. The blankets for the pull out bed were old and rough.
The maids come very early.
It is a pet friendly hotel which I love, but they don't do anything about barking dogs. The room across from us had a yappy dog that barked 24/7, even after calls to the front desk.
The pool is tiny and the view while you are in the pool is cars in the parking lot.

I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear lovetotravel98,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and we will certainly take your feedback into consideration when working to fine tune our product. We hope to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Residence Inn Marriott, 2960 Colonial Blvd., Fort Myers was a great selection for us to stay in the Fort Myers area. Having stayed there with my wife (using Marriott certificates) for 5 days in middle March 2014, I would recommend this hotel for any length of stay. The staff, (namely Silvia, Amy, Chase and Adam), were very courteous, professional, helpful and knowledgeable with directions, travel tips and recommendations for sights to see, places to eat and shopping venues. Any requests we had (there were a few) were promptly dealt with. Very friendly staff, always ready with a cheerful greeting.

The pros: - good, clean (very clean) comfortable quiet rooms, complimentary daily hot breakfast, laundry facilities, pool (small, but adequate), hot tub, large outdoor BBQ (which can accommodate a number of families’ meals at a time), fire pit, pretty decent small sized “gym” with newer equipment (treadmill, elliptical, free weights), hoops basketball court,...rooms have fully equipped kitchens with a full sized fridge, 2 burner stove, food disposal, dishwasher and microwave. Dishes, cutlery, and utensils are all included. The property is pleasantly compact with many of their facilities being very close to the lobby (i.e.: gym, breakfast room, pool, etc…)
Great staff!

The cons: - location could be better, and you will need a car to get to anything like a mall, restaurants, grocery stores, etc… but there is a McDonald’s across the street and a 7/11 convenience store next door, selling just about anything. Additionally there is a Dairy Queen a little further walking distance across Colonial Blvd. (caution,…6 lanes of traffic). There are no king beds (queen is maximum) in any of the rooms, and that may or may not be a “con”, but we like a king sized bed.

I/we would recommend this place for any length of stay in the Fort Myers area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool (east),or lobby (north) or south,... otherwise you face a car dealers...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear artfuldodgerontario,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to thank you for taking the time to leave such an extensive review, pictures and all! We greatly appreciate your kind words and feedback and we are happy to have accommodated you and your wife during your time here in Southwest Florida. If I can ever be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We hope to see you again soon!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I love staying a places like this. Everyone always smiling. Help with anything.
• Great service, friendly staff
• Will help you with anything
• WIFI issue with IPad, and they were able to correctly advise me
• Very clean rooms and nice kitchen area
• Residence Inns do vary considerably, but this was a very good one with well trained staff

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Riley73,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us and fellow travelers feedback on your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and we hope to welcome you back again soon! If we can ever be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Quincy, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We spent a week here for the Red Sox spring training. Jet Blue Park is about 20 minutes from the hotel and easy to get to by route 75. The hotel was really nice. The room very comfortable and roomy. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and managers social. The hotel is a very good value given the numerous amenities included in the room rate. The free WiFi was a plus. We would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear shaughnm,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here in Fort Myers. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and enjoyed all that we have to offer. If we can be of any assistance to you in booking future reservations for spring training next year please do not hesitate to contact me directly.