“Great Staff, Clean and Comfy”

Residence Inn Fort Myers
Ranked #30 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was a standard Res Inn property. Felt safe and was clean. It's a little on the run down side. If you are into new properties, this is definitely on the older side.
Not much near by this location. 7-11 next to the hotel. Walmart down the street. I'd probably stay at the Marriott properties closer to the airport next time, there is a mall right across the parking lot, lots of restaurants and theaters. I believe it was called Gulf Coast Town Center.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Sundance1,

Thank you for staying us and sharing your travel experience. We are sorry that our location is not closer to the Gulf Coast Town Center. We sure hope to have you with us again, and if I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Ray Moran

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Fort Myers

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here and didn't realize they didn't have any king size beds. We didn't sleep very well and I asked the front desk to assist me in finding a place to stay (but a Marriott) with a king size bed. Ray Moran, General Manager, spent a considerable amount of time canceling my reservation and rebooking me at a different hotel that had king size beds. And he did it with a smile on his face. He went the extra mile and we really appreciated it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbunch9090
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear cbunch9090,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that we could not accomodate you during your time in Fort Myers, but we are happy that you were satisfied with Ray's help! We hope that we may have the opportunity to better accomodate you again in the future. If you should ever need assistance in booking reservations in the area please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent two nights here at the end of April. There were four of us and we had enough room, although you always want more. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room for anything other than sleeping. The breakfast was fine, although I have seen better at another Residence Inn. The one waffle iron was incredibly busy. Perhaps another one would be a good thing to have, so it wouldn't frustrate customers. My only complaint was a noise factor. The first night we were there, some youth basketball teams checked in about 10:30 or so. We were on the second floor and I could easily hear the youngsters playing basketball and just being youngsters. They weren't really causing a problem, but they were loud. I called down to the front desk and the young lady thanked me for calling, giving me the impression she would ask them to tone it down. Well, 15 minutes later, it was even louder so I called again. This time, I was told they were being checked-in so it wouldn't be much longer. That really told me that the hotel staff was not going to give any effort to asking them to be quieter. I put much of the blame, however, on the coaches/chaperones of the basketball teams. I have been a chaperone for school and church youth groups literally all over the world and I would have never let them be so loud that late at night. Look, I understand kids will be kids and are going to make some noise, but it was a bit over the top. We saw the young men in the breakfast room both mornings as we all had early appointments. They were well behaved there, but when you get that many kids together, they are going to make noise. I just wish the hotel staff had taken some action to try to get them to be quieter that late in the evening, but that didn't happen. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, hoping there wouldn't be the noise problem again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Apokaman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you had encountered with the noise during the basketball team's arrival and appreciate your understanding during that situation. We sure hope to have you with us again, and if I can ever be of assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We were looking for a hotel that was conveniently located to the Key West ferry. After finding nothing that suited our needs, we picked this hotel. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and nicely laid out. We stayed two nights on each end of our trip to Key West. I always liked staying at a Residence Inn for the breakfast but the breakfast at this location was below what I've come to expect from other Residence Inns that I have stayed at. I will stay use this hotel again for another trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neal J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope you had a great time down in Key West! We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Adam Winning, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Pool and spa were great. My boys made friends while here. Rooms were clean and large. I had booked a smaller room than I meant to by accident and Jake at the desk was very helpful in this regard. I stay in hotels every week as a business traveler and this hotel represents the quality and consistency of the Marriott brand.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SunnyMcWarmguy
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear SunnyMcWarmGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments about our hotel and staff. I believe you are referring to Chase that assisted you, and I will make sure that your comments are shared with him. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and hope that we can welcome you (and your son's new friends) back again soon!

ri.rswri.agm@marriott.com

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We are generally fans of the Residence Inn line of hotels and have had decent stays at this one in past years. This year, we never had the chance. After arriving late in the evening, we were informed that our room wasn't available due to an issue with recent rains. Although the issue occurred a day prior, they didn't contact us in advance (they claimed they couldn't reach us by phone, but email certainly worked. I got all of the confirmations and promos by email).

Although we had booked a one bedroom w/kitchenette for two nights, the only offered to put us up in a basic hotel room at a sister property for one night. We'd then be responsible for packing up, checking out, and carting our things around with us for 4 hours until check in. After some verbal arm-twisting, they finally did agree to put us up for one night at the RI Sanibel which turned out to be a better property.

We were extremely disappointed to be bumped without warning, considering we'd made the reservation four months in advance. They least they could have done was find us a similar accommodation at their sister property. I recognize that casual travelers aren't their primary demographic, but I thought we'd be treated better. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear BostonAreaFamily,

We greatly apologize again for the unfortunate issue that you experienced while here in Fort Myers due to a situation that was out of our control. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your travels and hope that we may have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I am a Marriott snob, I try to only stay at Marriotts, unfortunately this was not a great hotel.

Positives:
The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.
Spacious rooms, not the biggest for a Residence Inn, but decent size.
A/C worked well, rooms cooler down quickly.
The breakfast was good both mornings, with the exception of the juices.

Negatives:
Location! Ugh, right next to a car dealership that leave their lights on all night, even with the room darkening curtains, the light comes through. There are train tracks close by, and it is extremely load. The 7-11 right next door has many shady characters hanging around it.
The room smelled very musty, my allergies were giving me a hard time whenever i was in the room. The blankets for the pull out bed were old and rough.
The maids come very early.
It is a pet friendly hotel which I love, but they don't do anything about barking dogs. The room across from us had a yappy dog that barked 24/7, even after calls to the front desk.
The pool is tiny and the view while you are in the pool is cars in the parking lot.

I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
residenceinn2960, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear lovetotravel98,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and we will certainly take your feedback into consideration when working to fine tune our product. We hope to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of any further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

ri.rswri.agm@marriott.com