“Odour In Room”

Quality Suites Fort Myers - I-75
Ranked #24 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel one night in February 2012. There was a urine odour in our room as well which was mentioned by other guests. One person ran the front desk, airport shuttle, breakfast etc. This property was over priced for the condition it was in. Pool was small but kids did enjoy it. Would not stay again for the value

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The Quality Suites Airport is located a short distance from the Southwest Florida Regional Airport and is adjacent to I-75.

My room was a mini-suite with a king bed, small dresser,and TV in an armoire in the sleeping area and a work desk, side table (for luggage), and recliner in a sitting area separated from the sleeping area by a low partition. This layout is quite functional and is a nice departure from the standard room layout that one typically finds in most mid-tier properties.

Room was very clean. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was spotless.

Check-in was handled by a pleasant clerk who maintained a side conversation with another employee about some issue unrelated to my check-in throughout the whole check-in process. This didn't slow down the check-in, but when a guest is being served, side conversations with other employees should be held until some other time ... a very minor matter and mentioned here only to provide feedback in case someone is listening.

Complimentary breakfast buffet is available and is included in the room price. Wireless internet signal was strong and worked flawlessly.

Room was quiet - did not pick up noise from adjacent highways or I-75. There are a number of fast food eateries in the immediate vicinity, including a McDonald's and a Waffle House.

Overall, a decent stay at a decent property.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Hotel was fair. Had to let hot water run for 20 mins before we finally got it. ended up with room with handicap bathroom which I wasnt crazy about. Beds were extremely comfy. Breakfast was decent. Would stay again if received same price.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

We are staying in Ft Myers for a baseball tournament. Because we procrastinated, all other hotels were booked. You get what you pay for. It was $65 per night. It's outdated, bathroom light flickers, disgusting carpeting! Plus it has 2 floors but no elevator! I'd never stay again. I'd rather sleep in my car! (which I'm considering because I'm writing this during my stay!!)

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Srqfam
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Checked in and was given room key, room on 2nd floor and no elevator, so had to tow my luggage up steps (that should have been my first clue) - upon opening door, awful stench in the air - the air conditioner was not on, so room smelled stale and had an odor like urine. Called front desk to beg for a different room, and they quickly met me in the hallway to provide a new room. New room was "upgraded" room hotel clerk was proud to tell me room had jacuzzi tub. No foul smell so I walked in. Jacuzzi tub was really old, didn't dare step foot in it, had cigarette burn stains on tub AND burned hole in blanket on bed. This was supposed to be a smoke free hotel. Maybe they just changed, but failed to rip out carpet and repaint to get read of stench. So tired, just crashed on bed, noticed ceiling was peeling paint just over the bed. Really nasty. Awoke early to get the heck out of there only to find no hair dryer. Called front desk on my cell phone since room phone was out of order ....after three calls, decided to just leave - never got hair dryer and arrived at meeting 30 minutes late with awful hair. I would drive to the next town before staying at this location ever again. They did apologize and cut the 95.00 rate in half for my inconveniance. Not worth even 45/night. Just say no and go elsewhere.....until they do some much needed repairs and update the nasty tubs and carpets.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bnbyoung
Reviewed 9 December 2011

very comfortable, nice breakfast included & nicely arranged in a sitting/dining area setting. Indoor pool & hot tub! loved it! fridge, microwave in room, & NO weird smells anywhere!!!!

Room Tip: ask for double beds if you don't want a king.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The good:
The room was clean and a nice size. The bed was comfortable, and so were the pillows (although they were the size of throw pillows). The free wi fi was speedy and easy to connect to. Fridge and microwave, and a little prep area made it convenient to bring along food and have light meals in the room. There's even a little bistro table and chairs in the room.

The bad:
Service was spotty. EACH time I needed something at the desk, I had to go looking for someone - both times I found them in the little lounge room off the front lobby. I can kind of understand stepping away, especially during slow times (FL in September), but believe they should have been more attentive to guests needing their assistance. The people themselves were nice and helpful - just hard to find.
The common areas, particularly the main staircase leading to the 2nd floor, were NOT clean. I saw the same spots on the tile, the same goopy area near the coffee maker, etc etc, for 2.5 days. Housekeeping never came to my room while I was there - I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door for about 3 hours in the morning, so don't know if I missed my only "window of opportunity," but I never once saw a housekeeping cart in the halls.

The other:
There is no elevator. This wasn't an issue for me, but I thought that the front desk person might have mentioned it when selecting a 2nd floor room for me. Just because I walked in without difficulty doesn't mean I might not have had trouble navigating stairs. And she watched me walk up and down BOTH first floor hallways, until I had to come to the front desk and ask "where are the elevators." Her response was a chuckle and a "we don't have one." Odd.

Price was decent - $49 for the night. Ask for the "coupon rate."

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo