“rude and web says one thing when you talk to them they tell you different”

Quality Suites Fort Myers – I-75
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
osceola
“rude and web says one thing when you talk to them they tell you different”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked online, they said we paid for an unrenovated room. No where when we were booking did it say to pick a renovated or unreovated room Front desk lad was very rude. Also no one where on the web does it say there shuttle service only goes to midnight. Once you book, they don't care about the guests at all.
I can handle a hotel under renovation, I can't handle being treated like they could care less now that they have our money. No customer service at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Worst vacation stay EVER no warning.. Under construction SHOULD NOT BE OPEN!! Ladders, workers, mess everywhere. 2nd rate hotel to begin with and the decorator in the new part must be BLIND! There is dirt and debris and scum in the pool and the hot tub is completely unusable..

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Schoodic66
Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

There are five other hotels within a stones throw. Pick one of those at least right now. My room was brand new BUT it smelled like chemicals. The water pressure was next to zero which tells me its an old plumbing system. Breakfast was your generic cheap crap. The staff was nice but kinda clueless. But it is 10 min from the airport and 20 from the beach. Waffle house is right there but it got robbed the night I was there. UGH.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank palmer77
Calgary, AB
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This property should in no way be renting rooms during renovations. I believe it is a matter of public health. The musty, paint smell was so overwhelming in the bedroom that I had to pack up and move to another hotel. The bedroom windows are boarded up making fresh air impossible.

Room Tip: Wait until renovations are completed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LynnL
Venice, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

the hotel is being remodeled and not much is complete...it will be great when finished...front desk clerk Syed was very helpful, and made...one block from I-75...6 restaurants within walking distance...good value

Room Tip: make sure you ask for 1st floor if you have mobility problems, as no elevator here
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill L
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

My stays at this hotel began December 2012. The rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. The daily continental breakfast is more than adequate. My most recent stay lasted several months - very enjoyable even though the hotel was (and still is), going through a complete renovation. At this time, (half way through the renovation) progress is proving that the hotels amenities and appointments are very stylish and an upgrade to its brand.

The front desk staff is very pleasant, and the room maintenance and cleaning staff is exceptional. The rooms are always spotless, the linens are always fresh and clean. The beds are very comfortable. My stays have always been consistently enjoyable.

Room Tip: all the rooms are now BRAND SPANKING NEW!! From the carpet, to the furnishings, to the linens, to th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank b b
new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance for a king sized bed room. We arrived the night of my reservation at 11pm and discovered the hotel was under construction (ie: half the rooms and the lobby were under construction) with the front desk as a card table with a computer on it. It went down hill from there- they had lost our reservation, when the manager found it, they said that it was canceled due to a no show, despite us being there on time. Once they found a room for us it was past 12am. When we walked up two flights of stairs to our room (no elevator and no offer of help), we discovered that it was not only not a king size bed, but that they had located us adjacent to the construction zone. after I returned to the front desk to inquire about when the construction would start, the manager offered my money back. At 12:30 am it was not really an option. I told him that had there been an indication that there was construction on either the hotel website (which I visited to see the room), or the Choice hotel website, I would never had made this reservation. However, due to the late time, we'd stay. I also told him that we didn't get the room we wanted. Despite all these problems, we were understanding and just wanted to sleep in the next morning and therefore just wanted to know when the construction would start. when the manager said 7am, I told him that I'd discuss it with my wife. Before I left back for the room, I told him that my wife and I were being pretty understanding of the situation. Then, to my shock, he exploded with anger at me and told me that I had 10 minutes to leave the hotel. I wont go into the details, but my wife and I were forced to walk a half a mile on the shoulder of a parkway at 12:45am to get to another hotel. I have complained to Choice Hotels and have heard nothing back. What bothers me is that after my trip, I looked at TripAdvisor and realized that this has been going on for awhile and no one at Choice Hotels appears to be addressing this problem. The Hotel that I eventually walk to said that they had been receiving similar travelers leaving the hotel. I find the whole situation completely unprofessional on the part of the Quality Suites parent company and the umbrella Choice Hotels organization to address, otherwise other travelers will be subjected to this manager, this hotel and the additional costs of finding a hotel at the last minute.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Stayed January 2014, travelled with family