“Front Desk with Attitude”

Travelodge Fort Myers Airport
Ranked #46 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I encountered incredibly rude front desk clerk (PM shift) on Thanksgiving Day 2011. I called the front desk to inquire about wireless connection because I couldn't get the internet working. All I was told was something is wring with my laptop, not their wireless network. I asked fo asistance but the front desk clerk rejected my request saying "No Maam. I'm the only one here." When I mentioned the fact that wireless connection is included in the rate, therefore, I am entitled to internet access. Then the front desk clerk cut me off saying, "you can talk to our manager in the morning". Throughout the time, I was polite and patient, BUT enough was enough. I hangup the phone. Fortuately, my laptop began picking up wireless signals & solved the problem by itself. A few minutes larter, someone from front desk knocked on my door. I was so sick of their quaity of guest service that I didn't even want to speak to the front desk guy anymore. Then my room phone started ringing repeatedly. I had to unplug phone cord from the phone jack. After a long day of traveling, I just want to settle in and relax. Don't they know that???

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I'm sorry about your experience. We try to help all our guests to the best of our technical ability. Internet service that we provide is free and readily accessible to all.
Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again,
Owner

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Debbie and the other desk clerks helped us find all our destinations. They made our vaction more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport. I'm pleased to hear that Debbie was helpful and resourceful with your traveling plans.
Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My wife and I, and her service dog, spent several nights in this TraveLodge. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an economical overnight stay. We had a handicapped room and it was very clean and quiet, and easily accessible for my wife's wheelchair. There is also reserved handicapped parking adjacent to the main entrance.
When I made the reservation I stated that we would be travelling with a Service Dog, and was told that was fine and all I needed to do was present her documentation to avoid the $15 per night pet fee. Check in was a breeze and the verification of the dog's status was painless. Breakfasts were cold cereal, fruit, baked goods and to drink fruit juice/milk/coffee/tea. The staff was friendly and helpful. We especially appreciated the courtesy and kindness of Darius and Maria. They were unfailingly gracious and helpful, and made our stay a delight. My wife and I would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Staziu

Thank you for a nice review. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope you doing well and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

My experience with this hotel was extremely satisfying. I dealt with 3 people during my stay and they were ALL very friendly and helpful. First was Les, he was the person on duty when I checked in and he was very friendly, courteous and helpful. I asked him about the possibility of getting another room next to the one I had booked because my daughter wanted to invite a friend to spend the night with her. He said he did not see a problem with that but that I should speak with Maria in the morning to see if the people next door would be checking out or not. The next morning I spoke with Maria. She too was friendly and very helpful. To make a long story short, she was able to get me 2 rooms next to each other. The only issue was that I would have to move from my current room because the room next to me was a handicapped room and they needed it open in case any handicapped individuals booked a room. I had no problem with that at all. I was grateful that she could accommodate me. The last person I dealt with was Debbie. She was the person in charge when we checked out. We left very early in the morning (4 A.M.) on July 4th to head back home. I assumed the breakfast would not be out yet since it was so early. Lo and behold, when we got downstairs, Debbie had already put out the breakfast because she knew some people would be leaving early and she wanted them to be able to get something to eat before they left. AMAZING!!! She also put some fruits and pastries in a bag for us to take on our trip home. If that's not Excellent Customer Service, then I don't know what is. Bottom line, this hotel cannot be beat. It's inexpensive, it's close to I-75 and the people are very friendly. WE WILL BE BACK AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank sizquier66

Thank you for a wonderful review. I'm very pleased to hear that our front desk employees were able to accommodate you and exceed the expectations.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

I was a little bit worried after reading some of the negative reviews on Trip Advisor so my husband and I were expecting the worst when staying here. As soon as we pulled up we were pleasantly surprised. Most hotels of this star quality have outside corridors which we do not like but this Travelodge had indoor corridors. The staff member at the front desk who checked us in was very nice and we noticed how clean the lobby was. We stayed on the top floor and as soon as we turned on the light in our room we both were pleasantly surprised again. The room was not outdated like some of the reviews stated and it was a good size for the price. The room was clean, the bed was clean and even the bathroom was clean (the only minor issue we noticed with the bathroom was there looked to be some dirt or mud or something else on the bottom of the toilet)! We will definitely be staying here again when we return to Fort Myers in the fall for a couple of weeks. This hotel for the price we paid was AWESOME!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank maryme107

Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you here and hope to see you again on your next trip to Fort Myers.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

The Travelodge at Fort Myers airport was a great location for the Gulf Beaches and Sanible Island. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the room was clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast was very satifying, and the hotel was welcoming. The room rate was excellent, and the hotel exceeded our expectations. I wished there were a pool, however, the location, price and clean facility made up for it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gayleandtony

Thank you for your review. We are happy to read you enjoyed our hotel. Hope you are doing well and we will see you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Front desk gentleman, totally inept. First tried to tell my I had made my reservation through on of the online place like expedia. I made it through travelodge .com, he play in envelopes with little slips of paper & finally found my reservation. I was so unsettled I never even thought saying I had a pet. After I walked my dog, He came to my room screaming, that I didn't tell him. Told him it never crossed my mind, as I usually at a chain that doen't chrg & doesn't ask. After that I was stalked by him all weekend. The wake up call I requested was a banging on my door NO PHONE call IF you are a WOMAN ALONE** DO NOT STAY I ended up asking a friend to stay with me because he scared the *&^ out of me!

Hotel only has showers, no tub. No pool no amenties. After being stalked I made sure I took pictures of the room Except for walking down the hall my dogs were never on the ground in the room Carpet diry, to dirty for dogs or bare feet

Worst experience I have had when traveling With or without pets (I show my dog and stay at hotels a lot) This one never again IT WAS SCARRY!

Room Tip: Stay a way
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank FLORIDASIB
dariusl7, Owner at Travelodge Fort Myers Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Kelly,

First of all, Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. I understand that the issue came up about hotel's pet policy. You were charged accordingly as it states on our website at Travelodge.com. It is a responsibility of the guest to disclose if pets will be in the room. We, just like other hotels that allow pets have rooms designated for the guests with pets in respect to those people who have allergies. We left you a statement in your room and desk clerk as a courtesy for you approached you and informed you about pet policy.
Second, we at the property have a video and audio monitoring at the public common areas. After reading your review I was concerned about your check in experience and I reviewed it. Desk clerk was efficient and polite and you even shared a laugh or two with him. Also, let me assure you that you were not stalked by our staff. Our front desk staff is instructed to walk the hallways time from time for the reason to insure security and cleanliness of the property.

Once again, Thank you for your comments.