“this comfort inn was "Fair"”

Comfort Inn Fort Myers
Ranked #39 of 59 Hotels in Fort Myers
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The front desk staff was poorly trained. They gave inaccurate information at check-in and seemed to know very little. The pool was nice, clean and tidy. The breakfast was a little less than we had hoped for. A little more variety would have been nice. But was clean and well maintained throughout the morning. Access to I 75 was very easy and being across from Cracker Barrel was a plus. The interior seemed old (the doors were void of finish and the were patched holes in the bathroom door.

Room Tip: suites were nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
ubiely r, General Manager at Comfort Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Ubiely Rivero
Manager
Comfort Inn
239-694-9200

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We booked one night at the Comfort Inn, after a week's vacation in Sanibel Island. It was 10 minutes to the airport and had a shuttle. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable the king-sized bed was. We even had a choice of pillows (soft or firm). The price was extremely reasonable and the breakfast was quite good and the shuttle was right on time.

My only complaint was that the pool was indoors. I had hoped to spend my last day in Florida sitting in the warmth of the sun by the pool before returning to "the frozen north".

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Staff is Poorly Trained if at all. Stayed here 3 days only 5 or 6 other Guest staying here at a busy time of Year..On our final Night , we were sound asleep at 2:30 am when are room phone began to ring and ring and ring until we woke up and answered it, when my wife finally picked it up the young lady at the front desk informed my Wife that we were making to much noise and must be quiet or leave, my wife than informed this person that we were not making any noise and that she should go investigate the noise for herself before waking up people who are sleeping and accusing them of things and let her know this wasn't fair. I than got up and went into the hall were I met the lady who called me and asked her about calling us she explained that another guest called and complained about noise, we than heard a lady in another room laughing. It wasn't really that loud and she probably didn't realize it could be heard outside of her room. I than informed the front desk lady that I wasn't happy that she woke me and my wife up at that time of the morning because she was to lazy to walk 25 feet to check for herself. Needless to say we couldn't fall back to sleep until around 6am and had to wake at 7 am to prepare for our flight home. When I woke I talk to a manager who turned out to be the owner and she wasn't any help at all. And after speaking with her realize why it was so poorly run.This was by far the worst night we have ever spent at any Hotel.. The wifi also was very bad had to stand in the hall to get any kind of signal and even than it of very poor and slow..

Room Tip: The owner doesn't have and kind of Customer Relations policies and frankly doesn't seem to c...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ron J
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent four days at this Inn while we were searching for a rental property for Jan and Feb. The room was clean and always made up on our return from sight seeing/property hunting. Price included breakfast with the usual fare and the breakfast area was kept clean and was quickly restocked with food and other items. Good value for the money spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We met family near by so this location was perfect for the reunion. The room was very clean and comfy. We were happy with everything except the wifi didnt work and no wine bottle opener(asked and they didnt have one to help either)...otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel during a softball tournament, I did not book it a team member did. The first thing I noticed in the room was the mold above the tub in the bathroom and under the faucet, I have photos. The banisters in the stairwell were all broken and taped or glued together, what a safety hazard. Most of the rooms I was in smelled moldy & musty, we even bought some spray at bath & body works. This hotel was so outdated and dirty, I would never stay there again, I would have changed hotels but we were part of a team. I sent an email to the owner after our stay and his answer was that he was doing a half a million dollar renovation in August, but that didn't help as I stayed there in July. When I asked for a manager I was told that she was on a cruise and would be back on Monday, I checked out on Sunday. There was no staff there that had any authority, poorly maintained & poorly managed.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 511LisaD
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice. The price is high for it not being a suite. It advertises WIFI which has no password but we could not get on in our rooms. The door is blocking the reception. We were able to open our door and stand in the hallway and get reception. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. You can walk to the Cracker Barrell from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family