“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I read the reviews before I booked. I felt not much of a fair review. We arrive 4-22-12 and were booked for 1 week. My Husband has been in Fort Myers building the new Texas Roadhouse and I flew down. We loved it so much that we cont. to stay until May 15th.
The rooms are nice, the Staff is Wonderful. We did not see 1 bug or a flea as stated. The Natural Spring pool is absolutely fabulous, the fountain under the dome then runs into an outside wading pool about 3 ft deep. The swimming pool is great and clean and between the Diner and Tiki Bar. If you were at the pool at 8pm it might get a little noisey...Locals love their Tiki Bar. The bar is great and friendly peiople and every night there is a buffet style food. And I dont mean just finger foods. The Wings-yummy-then Baked Ziti, Chicken macaroni salad. The diner has a basic deal 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 toast, coffee for 2.99 and they deliver rm service. I cooked every nite there is a microwave and a commercial grill out back. We had Oysters/clams on grill..excellent. There is also a Sauna in the beautiful building out back. The Staff here work constantly cleaning and making YOUR stay with them Pleasant and they succeed at 110% +. They are very attentive to their guests. The wifi is better than my Verizon internet plug..I was never knocked off. Easy connect. I would highly reccoment this Hotel. You could ask for outback I am sure if they have the rm to book you there. Every evening it packs them in. There is such a History to this place with the Natural Spring that was hit 1000 ft down while drilling for oil in the 60's. You just know with the Beauty of the court yard and fountains on the grounds this is the Hot spot to be. Book & Enjoy. If I ever get back to FT Myers I will be here. & the Continental/Complimentary B-fast is just that. Cereal, bagels,donuts, fruit, toast coffee, milk,juice. Good to get your day going or right there is the Diner which is also busy with Locals but the service is excellent. or McDonalds is with in walking distance, the dollar store, a convienece store.
ENJOY your relaxing stay.... The Mundays Parkersburg WV

Room Tip: Ask for a room out back that faces the Natural Spring~~Fountain grounds. rm 118 is Great The Munday...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kidhauler03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Walker, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in late March. Room was with king bed on 2nd level facing the springs. We were traveling throughout the Ft Myers area so location wasn't real important to us. Check in was easy and staff was nice throughout our stay. Attached restaurant also handles the complimentary continental breakfast (which is from 6 to 9) but we opted to pay for a regular breakfast and were satisfied. It was surprising to see a number of people come in at 9, 9:15 and even 9:30, expecting to still get the free breakfast. I think this explains some of the negative reviews seen elsewhere.

Hotel is older, probably built in the 70's but I felt it was in pretty decent shape, especially when you consider the age of the facility. There were two maintanance guys who were constantly repairing, upgrading and painting. Our bathroom area was very small but that's nitpicking. WiFi connection was good.

My wife really enjoyed the springs area in the morning, relaxing there for an hour before we would head out for the day. The spring was interesting and a nice bonus that most people didn't seem to realize was available. The regular pool area was also kept up nicely. The tiki bar next door was quite busy with local folk and seemed inviting but we lacked the time to take advantage of this feature.

The side of the hotel facing the springs was much quieter than the other side which faces Hwy 41 (Tamiami Trail). No, this is not a totally modern hotel but you aren't paying for one either. Inconveniences are minor and not worth talking about. It is my feeling that the majority of negative reviews probably relate to rooms on the side that face Hwy 41. It seemed to me that people staying more than one night were placed on the back side of the hotel. I could be wrong, but that was my impression from watching client turnover during the 3 days we were there.

One negative for us was that pets were allowed. Fortunately, our room didn't show evidence of this.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the side facing the spring, away from Hwy 41.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We just returned from our vacation in Fort Myers. We'd booked this through Expedia. I have to say that we are really not picky travelers, we were looking for a cheap hotel just to sleep while visiting my parents who live just down the road from this motel. We will never stay here again. The rooms are very outdated, now that would have been okay as I said we were just looking for a place to sleep. But there is a definate problem with Cockroaches in this hotel. I saw several every night when going to the bathroom. The rooms are very musty and our clothes, even the clean ones need to be washed after the luggage stayed outside all night to make sure any stowed away unwanted guests didn't make it into the house. Breakfast was a typical Days Inn Complementary breakfast, but I have to agree with others that the staff at this hotel and restaurant are very rude and not helpful...

Don't stay here until they get their pest problem under control!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here till they get their pest control problems taken care off !!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in February 2012. Generally speaking the rooms were clean and comfortable. The pools were nice but unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy them. Tiki bar was fun. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
As a place to buy a meal the attached restaurant was acceptable, however, as a host for the complementary breakfast it left a lot to be desired. The wait staff were rude and inattentive. We had breakfast there 3 times at three different times from very early to close to the cut off time. In all three visits there was a gross lack of supplies. No bread, no fruit or no milk and coffee. When we asked for something the response was, wait, I’m busy. Obviously they were more interested in the paying customers as it meant tips.
If I ever stay there again I will ask for a credit for the breakfast and go elsewhere to eat.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a better view and would be quieter, especially the end away from the Tiki bar...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have had good and bad at different Days Inn. This is one of the best. A little worn, but clean, very comfortable, and very pleasant staff. Breakfast(?) was a disappointment-dont expect much but was less than expected. Tiki Bar in back looked like it might be fun, be fun on a hot night, but we turned in early.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellsville, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn for 6 nights and was very happy. The price was reasonable, rooms were clean and everyone that worked there was very friendly. The tiki bar was always fun with locals and visitors like us. Would highly recommend this motel and would stay here again if I was in the area. PS: Shopping, beaches and golf courses close.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed there for a night and enjoyed the tiki bar in the back and the restaurant next door. Room was clean, front desk was courteous,place was clean, I enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Travelodge Fort Myers
Travelodge Fort Myers
#48 of 58 in Fort Myers
Suburban Extended Stay of Fort Myers

Been to Days Inn Fort Myers Springs Resort? Share your experiences!