“Great location with everything you need to have a great time around you”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Seaside An All-Suite Resort
Brampton, Canada
“Great location with everything you need to have a great time around you”
Reviewed 26 May 2010

...the heated pool, the warm ocean, the grocery store across the street, the golf course down the road, the restaurant across the street and also down the road, the souvenier shops down the road, mini putt over the bridge, the sand, low tide shell collecting, the sun sets and surf. This is THE place to be at for a holiday with the family and friends. This has been our yearly spring vacation spot for the last 6 years.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We've stayed at Seaside for several years and love it. It's located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, with the most beautiful beach just a few steps from our door. It's approximately 3 miles from the downtown square, so it's nice and quiet. There is a grocery store right across the street, making it convenient to walk. We only wish we could come more often.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Hartford, WI
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We all thouroughly enjoyed our stay at the Seaside, my sister and her husdand were with us and our suite was plenty roomy for 4. The grills at the pool area were very convenient and the Publix across the street was great to get fresh fruit and vegetables. Walked on the beach every morning and even found some unique shells to take home. The staff was very helpful and gave us some good tips on going to Everglades City for a day tour

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wi
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We stayed Jan 5-12, and even though the weather stunk, our unit was very nice. I had stayed at this property many years ago shortly after it was built (1970s) and was very pleased how well it has been kept and renovated. I loved how close the surf was. We stayed in unit 301 and having a corner unit was worth the little bit extra. The unit had recently been refurbished and was very tastefully decorated. The granite counter tops were nice as were the new appliances. I do like to cook, so a few more kitchen accessories would have been nice (garlic press, salad spinner...) but otherwise we were very comfortable. I did notice that there was not a garbage disposal, although the sink was set up as though it had one, so I am not sure if that is something that will be added (I hope so).

The pool area was very nice and recently refinished with more working still being done, even though it was too cold to swim. There is also construction underway to rebuild the office, and this was a bit noisy early in the morning but hopefully will be completed soon.

Another great convenience is that there is a Publix directly across the street. It was a big time saver to not have to drive for groceries. Also, there is a BlockBuster vending machine at Publix that rents movies for $1 a day with many recent releases.

For a restaurant recommendation, I would recommend a few properties. On the the island, I had an excellent meal at Charley's Boat House Grill. Reasonable and the seafood was very good and the salad bar was fresh and abundant. On the other hand, I would not recommend the Parrot Key Caribbean Grill. It had a cute atmosphere by the marina just over the bridge, but the food was so-so and not worth what we paid.

I have been to Ft Myers many times in my life, and I always enjoy coming back. I know we will go back again and I would highly recommend the Seaside.

Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank toto1234
Miami Lakes
Reviewed 11 June 2009

We've been going to Seaside Resort for nine years. We started started staying for one week and for the past five years have stayed for two weeks. Seaside offers well-stocked kitchens, clean condos,sun and fun, and a grocery store across the street.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I had such a nice visit at the seaside resort that I had to make a comment. I went with a group: my husband, my son (who was 6 months old at the time) and my very good friends (a married couple). We stayed in a suite with 2br (2 queen size) /2ba. It was very nice, comfortable and cozy.
The staff at the resort made it very easy for us, we had a late check in (did not arrive until 11pm) and a late check out (left around 2 or 3 pm). They were very friendly and helpful. The resort was located right on the beach. The great part was that there is a small grassy area (very well maintained) on a ledge separating the beach from the parking area - it had lounge chairs - we spent a lot of time there. It was nice because my son could crawl there without getting sand all over himself. Also there is an elevator- great for strollers.
What a great view from the balcony of the terrace at the suite- You could see dolphins jumping out of the water in the morning and at sunset-. We got food from the grocery store directly across the street (which was such a convience!!) and ate breakfast on our terrace each morning. We got food and wine from the grocery and had a great BBQ lunch by the pool, the pool area landscaping was very nice.
I can't really complain about anything- the only thing was that our dishwasher did not work very well. But other than that-- the place was clean and everything that we had hoped for in a relaxing beach front Florida vacation.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank illadelphtravels
Elgin IL
Reviewed 21 November 2008

We have visited the Seaside many times, we have always been happy with our rooms!! The beach is right outside the door and a grocery store across the street!! What more could you ask for?
I plan on spending ALL my visits to Florida at the Seaside!!

• Liked — Beach access
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)