Outrigger Beach Resort
US$154
Hampton.com
Carousel Inn on the Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$129
Wyndham Garden Fort Myers Beach(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$89
Flamingo Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
US$99
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$310
US$296
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
US$676
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$206
US$201
Travelocity
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$233
US$222
Travelocity
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
US$224
TripAdvisor
1,766 results
All reviewsdeckside cafeacross the streetresort viewlive musiccharley's boathousenice tiki barguest servicesdeck areastandard roomlarge deckbreakfast buffeton site restaurantwhite sandground floorconch shellstiki hutbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

BEACH - sure, BAR - check, the rest??? The other reviewers seem to overlook the obvious - this is an OLD PROPERTY that needs some work and does not measure up to all their hype! Generic rooms with a TINY TV, BAD COFFEE, bad location at the far southern end of FT. Meyers Beach, an overpriced restaurant for what is offered, a bar with high priced drinks in a less than prime time location --maybe back in the 70's and 80's this was great but now---spend the few dollars more to be in a better place at the NORTH end of the Beach! Better yet - why stay in Ft. Meyers at all! There are MANY BETTER places to stay in Florida! If I owned Outrigger I would be falling all over myself to make sure each and every person who stayed with me was 100% happy. I was not happy at all and while a good effort was made to make me forget - how can you forget EVERYTHING!

Room Tip: The only GOOD VIEW rooms are the oceanfront rooms. ALL the rest mainly just have a view of the parking lot. So when you look at the prices, understand that the majority of rooms overlook the parking lot and you will pay a substantial premium for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lyczak
JLBIGOS, General Manager at Outrigger Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

I personally spent a great deal of time with this guest in an effort to appease his complaints. In fact, I have his hand written thank you note on my desk. The last line he wrote 'Thank you for turning it all around'.

Our goal is to make every guest happy. It seems that this guest may have a more difficult time achieving a 'happy' state of mind. I am sorry that we were unable to provide that for him and his family.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had a great time at the outrigger. The first night we were on the second floor amd the beds were hard and room noisy.
upon a request to the front desk we were able to move to the third floor and beds were great and rooms quieter.
The staff is great, location is perfect on the greatest beach on Fort myers .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Well kept rooms with good service. The hotel also has a nice Tiki bar that has bands for happy hour. You can park your car and not leave till check out.. They have a diner on property a restaurant across the street and a trolley that runs up and down the island.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bobcat77_12
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Before you read and thing I'm just being nasty, read my other reviews, I give credit where due!

OK, so I have stayed at this hotel before and gave it a good review, we stayed in 2011 and really liked it, the same cannot be said for this visit.

There's no denying the great beach front location and although it is at the opposite end of the island to where everything happens it is lovely. This is the only good part of my review this time.

I liaised with the hotel as a Travel Agent over many months before booking (had a few hiccups in other areas of our month long itinerary) and although I was fully aware that the room booked would be different than last time as it wasn't Ocean Front - I still opted for an efficiency (same as last time but overlooking the car park near the pool!) over the standard rooms as we like have the space and a place to make basic meals etc.

After standing outside the main office for 10 minutes as the only member of staff was on the phone we eventually got our room keys and what we got can only be described as an upgraded prison cell!
It was tiny in comparison to the Ocean Front Room (I was told only the view would be different), Dark, the beds were tiny and I have NO clue how 2 adults could share them. There was no living area like in the Ocean front and the "kitchen" area was minuscule in comparison to the Ocean Front Room.
The toilet was also tiny, like peeing in a cupboard, my son who is 6'3 and 230lbs could barely fit in there as his legs were wedged while sitting - The shower was in the same "cupboard" but I didn't dare try it as I've struggled in bigger caravan showers!!!
We arrived late at night as our flight was delayed by over 30 hours from Niagara so despite our initial shock at the room we decided to sleep on it, before this we had to request a roll away bed that we were told we would be charged for. It arrived and after 10 minutes of trying to figure out where we could fit it (the previous room we could have for 3 extra beds in!) we lay it out and found 2 spiders crawling out of it, my son, who is Autistic absolutely flipped out and went into meltdown. We calmed him eventually an went to make the bed up and and there was no bedding although we were told it was in the wardrobe - it wasn't so we again had to wait.
My son eventually agreed to try the roll away but shot off it as it rocked like it was about to collapse. By this point my partner had absolutely lost all patience and went to speak with the so far very unhelpful guy at reception (he said he was the night manager) who said we could move to a different room with bigger beds but without the kitchen facilities. My partner came to ask and although I wasn't happy we decide to go and take a look, all 3 of us (my son in his nightclothes) went to reception at nearly 2am by this point to be told that he was actually incorrect and we couldn't move as they were full, he did apologise and said the morning staff would contact us as a matter of urgency first thing.

I had tried to go online to see if I could book us in somewhere else but the Wifi was down and we didn't have Data on our phones as we are from the UK.

Due to the time we decided to just try and get at least some sleep (we squeezed into the one bed and my son had the other) and hope things looked better in the morning - they didn't!
I woke very early after an awful sleep that wasn't helped by the sound of what I assume was a washing machine in the maids cupboard next to our room and as I'm sat there I see a bug climb the wall above my sons bed, I wear glasses so couldn't make it out so gestured to my partner to check it out, at which point my son thankfully woke and as he looks my partner confirms its a damn roach.
I promptly left the room and waited patiently outside while my partner and son got ready, during my time outside I had to endure workmen using heavy machinery (I have videos and photos as proof) in a room 2 doors down.
After 9,30am nobody had contacted us so we went to reception, we spoke with a very patronising man who assured us of all the positives in the resort and disagreed with the night manager (who apparently wasn't the night manager!) that the room he suggested we move to was bigger and with bigger beds. He also said the roach we saw was a different self cleaning type so it was OK?!?!? We were livid!

He said if we waited a few hours we could see the room ourselves, he did offer free buffet breakfast coupons but as with the hotel this was also crappy and in need of an upgade - food was cheap and tasteless.

We decided we just couldn't stay there so spent 3 hours up and down Fort Myers beach looking for an alternative, however due to it being the day before New Year we could only be guaranteed 1 night in most places.
We went back to the outrigger and were persuaded to look at the other room which we found was bigger and the beds slightly bigger too. As we had wasted that day messing around we only had 1 more full day in Fort Myers (we were leaving early the last day) we decided to just take it, the room was brighter, bigger and had enough room for us to sleep in.

The following night was NYE and we decided to spend it at the pool and bar as my son wouldn't have been able to handle a rowdy bar or the main pier area that was very busy. We went out for the day and on our return I popped to reception for something and in conversation I found out that the bar was closing at 10pm and the pool at 7pm..........on NYE????
I couldn't believe it, this was at 8pm and we had no other plans, even the restaurant opposite which the hotel own was closing at 10pm?!?!?

He explained it was due to the rowdy people it attracts and not wanting that kind of customer but would you not think they would inform people of this at the time of booking, on their website or even upon check-in so you can make alternative plans??? We had no kitchen facilities due to moving room and the supermarkets were closed by the time we were getting to them - although we made it to one with minutes to spare.

After quite possibly the worst NYE ever we checked out first thing, our whole 3 night stay was a complete waste of time and money and despite all the issues they never even offered us as much as $10.00 discount. Yes I got a travel agent rate but it was still $200.00 a night!

I will NEVER stay here again and NEVER send any of my customers again as I have done various times over the past 2 years!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank mickeyp0507
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

This place has everything you need. $125 gets you a nice clean room, heated pool, beach right there with powder sand, tiki bar with entertainment and a great restaurant buffet breakfast in the morning for $9. Also has a great restaurant that you can walk to across the street called the boathouse. This is our new beach go to place for Ft.Myers.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family