“Loved it!!!”

Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Oak Forest, Illinois
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place was a nice surprise. It's an old building but has a lot of character and an excellent location. If you like quiet, peaceful and relaxing, then sitting out back on the patio is perfect for that while taking in the view of the harbor and surroundings. The room was just the right size for four adults. The bathroom was a bit tight, but manageable. Everything was extremely clean and in working order. For an old place, they do keep it well maintained. The beds and pillows were comfortable, where I normally would wake up with a sore neck, if I don't have my orthopedic pillow to sleep with, which I didn't have my pillow or wake up with a sore neck. The owner and staff were very accommodating to our needs and helpful with answers to any of our questions. They supplied us with beach gear and fresh towels to use on the beach every day. We just had to pick them up from their Flamingo Hotel location, which was on the way to the beach. This room was certainly well worth every penny we spent to stay there, which was four nights. We would love to stay here again on future visits!

Room Tip: If all the rooms have a patio or balcony on the harbor side, then they're all good!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Surrey
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Fully fitted condo with full kitchen though we used the outdoor bbq on both nights we were there. Quiet and pleasant to sit outside and watch the heron and the neighbours fish. It is a satellite of The Flamingo Motel which is five minutes walk away and they give you a free loan of sunshades and chairs to take onto the superb beach.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil C
Albany, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I didn't pick this hotel, Hotwire did. I arrived there once it was dark outside and it was not obvious that it was a hotel. It's amongst a residential area backing out to a canal. I saw this little sign in the front of the building where it looked like it was the hotel I was assigned and the sign said to register at the Flamingo Inn hotel which is less than a mile away on the main Estero Blvd Road.

So I go to the Flamingo Inn to register and thinking what type of place I reserved. They give me a key and I make my way back to the Hidden Harbor Suites. Was I ever surprised!
I had a living room with a small dining table, coffee table, TV and very well decorated. There was this corridor that brought me to the bathroom in the back and on the way there was a full kitchen with stove, full size fridge and sink and to the left was a nicely appointed bedroom with a queen-size bed and TV as well. I was floored. It is a very cute place.

The next morning I'm up at the crack of dawn and as I open my room door, I'm right in front of the canal. There was a large round table on the deck outside my room and a few tables right in front of the canal. It was such a relaxing stay and the surroundings were peaceful and very well appointed.

You would need to take a car to go down Estero Blvd and find a beach spot or go to the main area of Fort Myers Beach but that was worth it for the cute and peaceful accommodations. The main area in Fort Myers is no more than 4 miles from this hotel and parking was easy to find when I visited.

I will definitely return for a longer stay – great find!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank agarneau
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This is our fourth visit/stay at Hidden Harbor. Any time we've had an issue, it was taken care of immediately, including installing a new, stainless steel stove, upon discovering the oven
no longer worked on the old stove. Can't get better service than that! Also, they love our pet and welcome him. Very clean, soft towels, and the best staff you could want or find anywhere!!
Gene and Phyllis

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Limburgerhof, Germany
Reviewed 23 December 2011

yes, it's certainly not new, but it's clean. And you've got space. A seperate bed room and fully equipped kitchen. Plus a patio where you can sit outside and enjoy the warm Florida weather. Perfect location on Fort Myers Beach, just a walk across the street to the beautiful white sandy beach. Yet very importantly quiet at night since it's a little behind main street on one of the boating channels.We just loved it and stayed there our second time for two weeks Very friendly staff and you even get beach towels and chairs. Our recommendation, especially if you want to stay a little longer and make yourself at home without spending a fortune.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marion B
Reviewed 29 March 2011

The outside of the building needs repainting bad. It was not impressive from outside. Our first impression was "we got took". Room was clean but not worth the money we paid. The bed sucks! It made noisy sounds with little movement. Won't go back again, won't recommend.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple