“Excellent B&B at Fort Myers!”
Review of Mango Street Inn

Mango Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is the place to stay if you are visiting the Ft. Myers area. Excellent, well-decorated rooms with all the amenities and a cosy B&B feel. We loved returning here at night after some frozen cocktails on the beach. The gourmet breakfast was awesome as was the hospitality of Dan and Tree. This will be our default choice on return trips to Ft. Myers.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2013

The owners put a lot of effort into the graden and rooms to have it very cosy and nice. Everything needed was there, coffee, fridge, wine glasses. The breakfast served by the owner was delicous! It is a very relaxing and easy place!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Fabulous hospitality, lovely accommodations and the best we had during a week traipsing along the Gulf, meticulous breakfasts and assistance. Oh, and there were the bikes, loaner umbrellas, intelligence and wit of Dan, the most comfortable bed in the state, and the espresso grind coffee stocked in the rooms so that mornings involve the most blissful levitation. If you look at my other reviews, I am a pretty particular chick. The Mango Street Inn was a slam dunk.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We recently stayed at Mango Street for three nights and could not have been more well looked after. The two bed unit was spacious and well equipped and we all slept like logs! The owners were always on hand and breakfasts were yummy. We loved sitting out on the peaceful deck in the evenings and the sunset walks along the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights, and I didn't want to leave. Delicious gourmet breakfasts, funky bikes to ride the hard-packed beaches, lawn chairs and beach towels. All added to the value or our stay, and simplified our packing in these "no free carry-on" times we live in. But the room (really more like a nice little apartment) was far more than expected, nice sitting area and kitchen, and stocked with GOOD coffee, much appreciated by a javahead like me. Best of all, the hosts (Tree & Dan) are friendly, warm and attentive, while allowing all the privacy one (or two) might desire. Location? - directly across from the beautiful beach, and a short stroll or bicycle to 'Times Square' the local hub of eating, drinking, fishing and music. Our hosts recommended 2 spots very close by that we just loved, Fresh Catch (great happy hour with $5 martinis and delicious apps) and Heavenly Biscuit, a local legendary breakfast and lunch attraction. Bravo, Mango Street!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2013

First let me say that I am in love with this hotel and the owners and had one of the most pleasant stays I've ever had anywhere. But before I get to the good stuff I want to let other travelers know about two issues I had, which may not be important to everyone, but may be to some.

Spotty Internet: If you work for yourself like I do, and simply have to do a bit of work while on vacation, we had problems with the Internet. I think a signal extender (or whatever it's called) was down, so we couldn't get a connection in our room. Which made work an extra pain, and we couldn't watch Netflix in our room at night. I did have to go a few blocks to the library to use their wifi once, which wasn't a real hassle, but took beach time away, which was a bummer.

Not the best mattress: I admit that I am more sensitive than most when it comes to beds. This one had a pad on it for softness, which my husband and I found too soft, and then when we removed it, the bed was too hard for me, although my husband slept fine. Since I really like to catch up on sleep when I'm on vacation, this was also kind of a bummer.

That said, if those things don't bother you, you are a fool if you don't stay here. A cross between a B&B and an Inn, so you can do your own thing or meet other guests if you want. The patio transports you to a lovely garden oasis. You are literally one block from the beach, and the owners provide chairs, umbrellas, towels, and wagons to haul stuff. The breakfasts are amazing, and Dan will provide a different dish if you have food allergies or sensitivities. The apartments are large and cool and beach-sweet. Most importantly, the vibe is so relaxed and friendly - an incredible place to decompress and let the stress melt away. Makes you wish you were a permanent resident :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Mango Street Inn.... Dan and Tree, the owners, are awesome people and they have a beautiful place to stay.... They offer a fabulous breakfast every morning.... Located right across the road from the beach.... Only 9/10ths of a mile to the center of the Beach town... Lots of great resturants like The Carribean Pearl, The Smoking Oyster Brewery, and The Ukatane.... Many others but this is mainely where we ate at night... Nemoe's is an excellent place to go too....
We really can't say enough about The Mango Street Inn... It was great and will definately go back again.... :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple