“Come as a traveler and leave as a friend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mango Street Inn

Mango Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Malmo, Sweden
“Come as a traveler and leave as a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have read many positive reviews of Mango In and I understand now why!
The owners and hosts Dan and Tree have the ability to let you feel more like a friend than guest. And that goes for the whole place. Every night we spended out in the beautiful garden together with travelers from many other places. The atmosphere speaks friendliness. That is for most travelers priority nr:1
The apartment was clean and very well equipped. The apartment only would not give more than a 4 star review, however combined with the friendliness the garden and the perfect location close to one of the best the beaches we have ever seen gives no option but 5 stars!
Thank you Dan and Tree for your great hospitality. Sorry we had to leave early and could not say goodbye. Mango Inn is strongly recommended!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gip540908

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, my husband and I chose to stay at the Mango Street Inn for our honeymoon. We could not have been more pleased. Dan and Tree made every effort to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Our room was clean, spacious and had anything and everything we needed to feel at home. The Inn is just a couple of blocks away from the beach, and they provided everything we needed to enjoy it. They also had bicycles to borrow, which we rode several miles to a nearby state park. The Inn is within walking distance of the busier Time Square area of Ft. Myers Beach, but it was far enough away to avoid any of the high traffic and noise. And, no review would be complete without mentioning the delicious breakfasts made by Dan every morning. Every creation was unique and my husband and I always left the table feeling satisfied. If you are looking for a wonderful place to stay while visiting Ft. Myers Beach, I highly recommend Mango Street Inn. It is an amazing value for the level of service and comfort we received.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We pulled up late afternoon without a booking and Tree and Dan were very accommodating. We had a lovely 2 bedroom apartment with a large sitting area and kitchen at a very good price. Very clean and tidy with little home comfort extras like books to read and towels for the beach. A couple of mins walk to a nice beach. Dan's breakfasts were superb. Tree was good to talk to and had great recommendations. She didn't mind that we checked out and then ended up checking back in later that day after a tiring day that didn't go to plan on Sannibel Island. Fort Myers beach is a good, central area for daytripping or just chilling out on the beach. I wished that we had had extra days to spend there. My children didn't even mind that there was no pool. They were very happy with the beach and the friendly dog. Parking was just outside the Inn and easy access to accommodation. Beds were comfy. There was AC in living and main bedroom and fan in the twin room (which did get a bit warm during the night). Otherwise, the temperature was perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christine T
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I just returned from a wonderful week at Fort Myers Beach, FL. This was my first trip to the area, and my best friend suggested staying at the Mango Street Inn. What a wonderful experience! I was warmly greeted by the owners, Dan and Tree, who escorted me to my room; or should I say, small apartment! I stayed in #4, which consisted of a full kitchen, sitting room, dining area, bedroom, bathroom, and walk-in closet. There are six units at the Inn; 4 are one bedroom and 2 are two bedrooms. Each room has been renovated and tastefully decorated to make your stay relaxing and comfortable. The beach is right across the street, and beach chairs and umbrellas are furnished, as well as bicycles if you want to take a ride.

One of the first things I was asked about was food allergies, or likes/dislikes for breakfast. I do not eat eggs, so I am a tough call for breakfast. But let me tell you, the breakfasts that Dan provided were thoughtfully planned and incredibly delicious!

I spent a couple of nights outside with other guests; everyone feels like family. There was great conversation, music and a lot of laughter! Tree and Dan are the perfect hosts; they are friendly and want to ensure your stay is a wonderful experience, but respect your privacy. They are also very conscious of the environment and have received an award for their efforts to maintain Mango Street Inn as a green environment.

I can't say enough about Mango Street Inn and Dan and Tree! Let's just say that if you are planning a trip to Fort Myers Beach, and want more than the usual "hotel" experience, please consider this wonderful B&B...you will not regret the decision.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pat S
Largo, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

You know what I hate, is the over usage of the word "Quaint" This place is not Quaint . It is however the most " Beach hideaway back to nature place I've ever stayed" The atmosphere is perfect for those of us that want a quiet beach vacation. Close enough to walk to all of the beach action, and far enough away for restful sleep and early morning breakfasts prepared by Dan who is not only the chef, but the guy who keeps this whole hidden world together, of course he has help from his wife Tree and his friend Charles. The only drawback was that bedroom number two did not have air coditioning. So get there early and stake a claim to bedroom number one.

Room Tip: Bedroom number one is cooler