“Good Service - Average food”
Review of Pinchers

Pinchers
Price range: US$1 - US$29
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh is everything to a seafood restaurant, especially ours, and we try our best to deliver fresh seafood to your table each and every visit. Local fishermen and crabbers leave our shores daily and guide their boats out into the Gulf of Mexico to fish on behalf of Pinchers. They return each night with the best that the Gulf has to offer. They bring this precious catch to us and are one of the primary reasons for our success. In 2007, we purchased the Island Crab Company on Pine Island to serve as a fresh seafood facility for our restaurants. By having our own local facility, we can deliver fresh fish and shellfish to the table faster and fresher - whether its Grouper, Blue Crab, Stone Crab or some of the wonderful fish that you'll see highlighted as specials of the day. Local Fisherman fish Local Waters for a Local Restaurant. You can't get a more Southwest Florida experience than that! Pinchers - Florida Seafood, Florida Style. 13 Locations throughout SW Florida!
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We had lunch here -not realizing this is a chain restaurant-thinking we had stumbled upon a fun local place. Our waiter was very personable and helpful. The cocktails were nice and we enjoyed a nice water view. My issue was with the grouper I ordered - I am fairly certain it was not grouper and it definitely did not taste good. My stomach was upset for the rest of the day- possibly coincidence....but I am not very motivated to give this place a second chance. Everyone else seemed to have enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

I gave 3 Dots only because of the quality of the restaurant's staff, but not the quality of the food. The food was a solid 1-Dot. Our server Melissa was very nice and very professional, also the Restaurant's Manager was extremely professional and decisive. I manage a large corporation and certainly, because of that I can appreciate good and professional employees. I was visiting the restaurant with my 2 teenage daughters for an early dinner. The quality of the food served was absolutely unacceptable. We have ordered a boiled shrimp with fries, a linguini with shrimp and a boiled blue crab with fries. Both shrimp and linguini were soaked with butter, overcooked and just simply untasty. The fries were soft and most likely cooked not to order, but hours before and simply blasted later in a microwave. One of the worst fries I ever had. Not the fault of our waitress nor a fault of the Manager. The classic example of how unprofessional kitchen could ruin the restaurant's business but also unjustly deprive your staff of due tips. Your brand-name, therefore, is also not a good addition to your employees' resume.
My daughters were very hungry, so they had attempted to eat these dishes, but could not finish them. The Blue Crab was O.K., the rest below any standards. We were ready to leave and to go for more and better food elsewhere. We were also ready to pay the full price for our meal. At the time of settling our bill, the restaurant's manager showed up at our table to inquire about our dining experience. We were honest with the description of the food and consequently, the Manager (to my surprise) has taken off these items from our check and apologized for that poor culinary experience.
Next year, when we come again for a family vacation to Fort Myers Beach, we will give the restaurant a second chance, simply because of the quality of its management.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

The food was fresh and very good. Very casual and welcoming to all ages and family size. Something on the menu for everyone.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Good for fast food, but not if you are looking for a true seafood place. Good for young kids, but pretty much everything is fried.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch here. We ordered the Smoked Grouper Dip... three scoops with a variety of crackers. Could easily be a meal for light eaters. It had a slight kick, smokey and delicious. I had the Pinchers Chopped Salad topped with Blackened Chicken. It came with garlic bread. I am thankful I only took a few bites of the bread, otherwise I would not have been able to finish the salad. It was delicious. If I am in the area again I will opt for oil and vinegar dressing. The standard for the salad is creamy italian. My husband thought his grouper sandwich was standard, nothing to "rave about", he said. The waitress, Melissa was very attentive and worked to make our visit enjoyable and pleasant. Management even came by to make all was well.