You have to know what you're getting into when you book at an RV park that is on a beach. Space is at a premium and they have to make money off of every square inch.
The section that is actually on the beach itself is laid out in an orderly fashion and sites are close together. The sites that are along the beach have concrete patio pads and short concrete parking pads. From the front of the parking pads are long planks of wood for the front tires to drive along. The sites are somewhat level naturally but I would bring large wood planks to put under your stabilizers/levelers even though the sand is pretty well compacted. The sea breeze always comes in off the water so if parking a motorhome, you may also want a tarp or device to keep the sand out of your front grill.
The section of the park that is across the street from the beach is an odd mash up of permanent RVs, park models and rental sites. Every inch is indeed put to use and you will see some ... creative sites. It all works out somehow and you are given assistance in parking your rig. If you have a travel trailer, they will even park it for you using their tractor. That is a great idea! Since we have a larger motorhome and went during the busy season, our choices in sites were somewhat limited. We wound up with a somewhat odd spot on the backside of the shuffle ball courts. It faced out to a side road but had some advantages over every other site in the park. One was that we had room to park about 3 cars. Another was that we had plenty of room to put the awning out and then some. Being that we were on a side road, coming and going by car was very easy.
While we were there, we found the front desk staff to be very pleasant and helpful. This was a great relief after reading some of the negative revues in this area. They must have addressed that recently. The Wifi is free and has good signal strength but the equipment cannot handle as many clients as connect. Sometimes you cannot even get an ip address. You can go to the clubhouse and get on a separate SSID that works fine if there is a pressing need for internet. The cable TV system uses a setup box for decoding anything but the local channels. I never wired the coach for that type of setup so just went with local TV over the cable connection which was very clear and in HD.
The bath house is older but clean and as mentioned, requires a key of which you are given 1 and required to pay a small deposit. I understand why they do that being right on the beach. The shuffle ball courts are very nice if you are into that sport. The traffic on the main road can be brutal at times but is usually not a problem where the park is located. There is a Publix supermarket about a mile from the park and in the direction of less traffic. There are a couple restaurants within very short walking distance and there is a 7-11 right next door.
Ft Meyers beach is a beautiful beach with a nice fluffy soft white sand that is unlike anywhere else I have been. It is worth it to stay here even for a few days if you love the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay where you can be in the middle of everything or secluded away in your own private paradise. Red Coconut is located on Fort Myers Beach directly on the Gulf of Mexico and just 1 ½ miles from the Times Square area, we are within walking, biking, or trolley distance to everything the island has to offer. Bordering our park is the Matanzas Pass Preserve, which is a popular bird watching area and where the canoe/kayak launch onto the Estero Bay Blueway Trail is located. Take a quiet walk through the Preserve and launch your canoe/kayak in the morning then spend your evening watching the sun sink into the horizon while lounging on your beach chair on our 450’ of sugar sand beachfront. Bring your RV, tent, or rent one of our fully furnished mobile units. We offer full hook-ups including basic cable, laundry facilities & recently remodeled bathhouses. WiFi is now available for free to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Red Coconut RV Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Coconut Rv Park Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Red Coconut Rv Resort
- Red Coconut RV Park Fort Myers Beach, Florida