“The dolphin tour was awesome, our guide Ben was knowledgeable and safe.”

Mid Island Water Sports
Ranked #8 of 74 Tours in Fort Myers Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Mid Island Water Sports has been providing the best waverunner rentals, parasailing and dolphin tours on Fort Myers Beach for over 25 YEARS. Enjoy our hour and a half long excursion with a guide through the back bay while you drive your own waverunner and experience wildlife such as dolphin, manatees, rays, fish and birds from up close. We also offer freestyle riding with the largest riding area on the beach and the least boat traffic. Parasailing is a must with 1 to 4 flyers at a time! We also offer a full beach service with cabanas, chair and umbrella rentals and even Stand Up Paddleboards!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We got to see lots of Dolphins and even a couple of manatees. Ben told us so much stuff about the area, the water, and the sealife. Next time I am in the area I will bring my family on the Dolphin Tour.

1  Thank bellabella1234

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I returned home yesterday (Sept 4) from my vacation to Fort Myers Beach. I took the dolphin wave runner tour with your company and also went parasailing. I wanted to send my compliments on my experiences with your company and staff.

I used your location behind the Holiday Inn as my condo was right next door to the Holiday so it was very convienient.

Ben was our guide on the dolphin tour. He is great. His experience, attention to safety and patience with the customers was exemplory. I am not a great swimmer and while I enjoy activities on the water, I get nervous and am not comfortable in the water at all. I discussed this with Ben and he immediately put me at ease and took a few extra minutes to go over some things with me as well as instilled in me some confidence and assurance that his ability, experience and knowledge would be right there to help me if I needed it. I immediately felt at ease with him and was not nervous at all. He has a great way with people. His knowledge of the area, sea life and the wildlife and plant life we were viewing made the experience that much more enjoyable. He truly is great at his job and I had the time of my life! Many times throughout the tour he asked if everything was okay and if things were going well. He truly cares about the people he is serving and it showed. It is also evident that he loves his job and cares that everyone has a good experience. Ben is the best and I just wanted you to know that.

Everyone I came into contact with at Mid Island Water Sports was terrific. From the guy who ran the booth (sorry, I did not get his name) to the guys that took me parasailing, they were all great. I had an excellent day Saturday and your staff went above and beyond to help make that happen. They were courteous, professional, helpful, appreciative and knowledgeable in their particular area of expertise. I would highly recommend your company to anyone and I will certainly be returning to that area one day and will definately use Mid Island Water Sports again. I only hope that Ben and the rest of the crew are still there so I can have another great time in Fort Myers Beach!

Thanks for making my trip so memorable and an experience I will never forget!

Kent S
Thornton, Colorado

Reviewed 23 August 2011

I surprised my husband with a parasailing ride for his birthday, and this turned out to be so much fun! We were picked up at the correct time, and our captain was a complete professional. He explained everything completely, and made sure we felt safe at all times. The view was amazing! We did the magnum flight which includes a VIP picture that allows us to come back for a half price ride next time. You can also purchase a CD.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We scheduled a parasailing trip on tuesday to go out on a wendsday andwere told we would get a call if they needed to cancl or switch times. Wendsday came and no call so we got a baby sitter for our 8 month old and headed over to the vendor location... They were closed and had nobody out... We waited for 30 minutes and never saw anybody. We called got a voicemail and left a message to have them call back.. They never called back.. The next day we went back (Thursday) and was told "sorry" we can't control the weather... ( they apparently can't call either) we then rescheduled for 1030 or 1130 on Thursday and was told they'd call and let us know.. Never got a call.. Walked up at 11 and they said oh yea the boats on the way.. Got out to the main boat and ended up not being able to parasail due to the weather (which I understand) went back and got a refund.. Overall to much hassle and to many hoops to jump through to end up not going.

2  Thank Crafty2011
gweber, Owner at Mid Island Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

As owner/operator of Mid Island Water Sports, I would like to say that I am truly sorry your parasailing trip did not go smoothly- as excellent safety and customer service are our number one goals. The weather was extremely uncooperative that entire week and we did spend much of our time trying to accomodate/reschedule those customers. When storms approach, we always take cover immediately for the safety of all involved. I do recall speaking to you personally on the phone that very day. I apologize that it wasn't communicated to you before you left your hotel of the impending lightning storm. We are continually improving policies to benefit the customer so we appreciate all input and hope for a chance to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We went on the dolphin tour and it was awesome! We saw tons of dolphins and it was so much fun. Our tour guide Ben was nice and very knowledgeable. We learned a lot while also having a blast!