“Good but not great”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Ft. Myers Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Description: Family-friendly waterfront dining with affordable pricing. Featuring fresh seafood daily and full bar with our famous Island Mojitos. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Sports Bar and Live Entertainment. Arrive by car or boat. Doc Ford’s Rum Bar and Grille may have originated on Sanibel Island, but be sure to check out this newest location on Fort Myers Beach!
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I enjoyed the food. It was a bit pricy which I don't mind if it's warranted. It was so hyped up I honestly expected more. I would go back by chance but not deliberately.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed 26 April 2011

We enjoyed our dinner at Doc Fords while sitting outside. We had a view of the water. The rum drinks were good. The fish was prepared well.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

The yucatan shrimp were fabulous. The place was packed but the staff seemed to take it all in stride and did an excellent job serving us. the place seems to be out dated but the food was not. great fish tacos also. A bit noisy but fun crowd

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Went to Doc's after deciding parking down at the Fort Myer's beach was too difficult. I had the Yucatan Shrimp - excellent. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich which was also very good. Waiter was efficient (seemed to actually run from table to table) but not too interactive. The bar area where we sat inside was quite noisy. If we went there again, we'd probably just skip the inside table and sit at the outside bar downstairs. The bar waitress was very friendly and the people watching interesting. This is a good restaurant although not something I'd go a long ways out of my way to visit.

Reviewed 13 March 2011

My son and I went to Ft Myers for his Spring Break.He is 15yrs old. We had two great dinners( one Lunch) my son loves the Yucatan Shrimp. It always busy there so we try to go a bit early if we can. Food is great and the service is good. Like the Ft Myers location because it is on the water. We were there one night and there was a country mucis band playing and people of all ages wer having fun. We are fans of Doc Fords!