“Still a favorite”

Description: Casual open air with Great Food and Drink
Midwest
“Still a favorite”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our fourth annual trip here and we still love this place. Even when it's busy, we don't seem to wait very long for a table. Our food came out so quickly, I thought they must have brought us someone else's food! I again asked for the grouper bites that I couldn't find on the menu and got those,but I also discovered the SOB Chowder. This is a mix of conch chowder and New England clam chowder. Holy cow. I LOVED this! I have been thinking about it ever since and can't wait to go back and have more. The guys love the shrimp po'boys. My daughter likes to order the peel and eat shrimp, but this time that half pound looked very skimpy, just a fraction of that. The service is good and the prices decent. We'll keep going back for sure. I wish our service hadn't been quite so fast as dinner seemed over way too soon. Only one child drinking age, so we don't hang around long for that. The live music is always good too.

• Visited January 2014

Westfield,WI
“The best!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The best place for seafood. Service and food was excellent! So good we went for lunch and dinner in the same day. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Maggie C
Saugatuck, Michigan
“Fun little bar in Fort Myers Beach”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mom and I drove over to Fort Myers Beach on a whim and decided to go to Smokin' Oyster Brewery. The wait was an hour, but it looked like fun so we just walked around while we waited. When we returned 45 minutes later, we were told our name was called awhile ago but the next table was ours. Even though we were sitting right next to the live music, it was still quite enough to speak to each other in normal voices. We started with an order of the SOB chowder which was amazing. A small serving for $4.50, but delicious none the less. I had the grouper sandwich. It was okay: standard bun, okay fries, fish was two chunks, and it came with coleslaw, which wasn't very good. My mom had the shrimp boil and loved every bit of it. The sausage that came with the shrimp was amazing. The waitress was lovely, but after going on about how it was a "slow night" we thought she sould have been more attentive. An example: our ketchup was empty so I put the bottle at the end of the table and thought she'd see it from afar or I'd grab her attention when she walked by or came over to ask hour our food was. After waiting a good ten minutes, we asked our neighbors for their ketchup. The only other complaint we had was they don't serve coffee which we always drink after dinner. Overall, we'll be back to visit SOB!

Atlanta, GA
“Went twice on our visit”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Went for lunch upon our arrival. We got there right at noon and had zero wait. By the time we were finished, there was a long line waiting to get in.

Just a tad disappointed in the raw oysters. They were just so small. The fried oysters were outstanding. My son is still raving at this buffalo chicken sandwich he had. First of all, it was HUGE. Flavor was great, he said. My wife enjoyed the conch chowder.

Later in the week, we went for dinner. There was a wait when we arrived. Very lively. Really enjoyed the musician playing that night. Fun place.

I'm a big fan of draft beer and the SOB didn't have that, but they do have a pretty nice selection of bottled beer.

Syracuse, New York
“Don't pass up this little joint”
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

When a bar is this busy you know it is a good sign! Fort Myers friends took us here and we could not have asked for better food but more importantly the rockin service from Dave. The coronas were served in there own koosies to keep them cold, the bucket of oysters a must! Fresh flavorful and just plain delicious! The grouper bites were meaty but also light. The smoked fish dip is to die. To top of this great place they also offer to smoke the fish you catch! Eclectic and just plain fun especially shared with great friends! 2 blocks from the beach makes this place a gold mine!

Visited February 2014