“We look forward to this restaurant every vacation!”

Smokin Oyster Brewery
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Casual open air with Great Food and Drink
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We love the appetizers at this restaurant with a passion. I can't even get past that section of the menu to order a meal.

We go to FMB every year. We go out for drinks and apps here at least 2 times per trip. They have live music in the evenings. I enjoy going here on our last night of vacation; it's a great way to wrap it up. Just a very relaxed open-air bar to kick back in.

Good happy hour specials too.

Our menu faves are the Caribbean Shrimp and Aioli Shrimp apps. Oh, they are heavenly! My husband literally talks about them throughout the year. The Caribbean has a zesty tomato and pepper sauce that is fantastic over the shrimp. The Aioli is breaded with a rich, slightly sweet sauce. It's a heavier app.

We have also enjoyed the peel-n-eat shrimp. Husband also enjoyed his grouper dinner here.

The mixed drinks are good; however, I have food sensitivities to most citrus fruits and so many of their featured mixed drinks contain citrus and I can't handle them. (I know citrus is an expected ingredient in FL.) We tend to get beer & apps. I can't recall the beer selection so I will check on this trip and update this review.

It gets busy at night and service can be a little slow, so I'd suggest looking up the menu before you go and having in mind what you want so you can order fairly quickly. The wait staff is usually pleasant; we only had one semi-surly waitress once @3 years ago. Otherwise, they have been good.

Their music schedule is also on their website. Hope you enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Smokin Oyster Brewery

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This was a fun place to eat and drink. The atmosphere was super casual, but kind of loud and rowdy - which was just what we were looking for! I felt like it was more of a place for adults, so I probably wouldn't take little ones there. We would definitely return!!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We waited 20 min after being seated before any wait staff acknowledged our presence... We had to ask for a server, and still waited 5 more minutes.. We finally got up and walked out. Very disappointed because we were told this was a fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank HJNK
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stopped by here last week for lunch. Typical seafood restaurant in typical beach resort town, but meal was good. We both had clam strips and they were great. Enjoyed a relaxing lunch while dining in outside seating area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Smokin Oyster Brewery is a bit of a small restaurant but had the best food of the places I tried. I had the Ahi Tuna served with rice and broccoli and every bit of it was delicious. The ambiance of the place leaves a bit to be desired, but it is so worth it for the amazing food. My only complaint was that they had live music and the speakers were REALLY loud. It was difficult for my friend and I to converse without feeling like we were shouting.