“Great place to eat shrimp.”

Bonita Bill's Waterfront Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've been to Florida a few times and every time I go we have to go for a pitcher of beer and a plate of peal and eat shrimp. It's the best I've ever tasted. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I occasionally go there on Monday nites to hear the band and enjoy the laid back,zero drama crowd,unlike the bars on the beach,which I refuse to patronize. Never tried the food,not what I normally eat,too generalized a menu. Happy hour prices for wine good,only 3.50. Older crowd,which is what I prefer. Special shout out to Steve Lutke and Ghost!

2  Thank mercierjanic
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We have been visiting Fort Myers Beach twice a year for more than 30 years.
Bonita Bill's is our favorite watering stop and we just cannot wait to get back there. The local regulars, the crew and particularly the management are great fun and very friendly. The food is fantastic value especially fish sandwiches, poppers and of course the wonderful shrimp.
Brilliant live entertainment. How can you dare miss the jam sessions?
Old world Florida waterfront, brilliant views across the waterway and rain or shine you will always enjoy the cold beer, wine and company.
Ian and Jennie ((Jersey, Channel Isles GB.)

1  Thank ian p
Reviewed 29 September 2013

During a one-week vacation at Ft. Myers Beach, my husband and I hung out at Bonita Bill's for 3 afternoons! On each of these days, it rained quite a bit in the afternoons and this was a great place to sit back, relax, talk with locals, watch the rain come down over the bay and drink cheap beer (only $6 for a Miller Lite pitcher). The bar is directly by the bay (a pier leads directly to its back entrance) and you can look at the boats and birds. They have garage doors that lift up so you get a great breeze. All the wait staff were super-friendly -- they got used to seeing us! Loretta (bartender) was wonderful and I wish I could remember the name of the bartender who helped us on our first visit (blonde lady; she was very friendly, too). On our first visit, they had a bacon cheeseburger special for $5.95. My husband got this and said it was very good. He thought the burger was just a Bubba Burger but that didn't take away AT ALL from its tastiness. Check out the picture (it is fuzzy) to see how big the slices of bacon, onion and tomato were! I had the other special which was fried fish with fries. It was also only $5.95. It was also good, so we had enjoyed an affordable and yummy lunch. Each time we were there we struck up conversations with various people at the bar and dogs dropped by, too. This is a totally casual, cash-only, come as you are, wear anything and don't expect fancy-food kinda place. Can't wait to return one day!

1  Thank SDAtlanta
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is such a relaxed and friendly place. Nice bar food selection and you can even bring your dog (on a leash) Live entertainment and happy people here!

1  Thank tarabrommer