“Authentic Liege wafels”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Authentic Liege wafels”
Reviewed 16 December 2010

What a fabulous surprise to find a truly authentic Liège wafel on Fort Myers Beach! I grew up in Belgium and have never found a true Liège wafel in the U.S. until tasting the one at The Tuckaway! Tasha warns you that it doesn't need syrup and she is so right! Sam's old family recipe is perfect! Crispy, golden outside, creamy sweet inside. My husband had the homemade whipped cream on his and raved about it. I had my plain. We're going back again today!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“If you're looking for a REAL coffee shop...come here!”
Reviewed 5 December 2010

As is the theme of Fort Myers Beach...Eclectic, hole in the wall, homey feel. EXTRA friendly people...Sam and Tasha know how to make coffee and bake and treat their customers...like family. Stop in...you will NOT be disappointed!!

Milwaukee, WI
“Not A family place! Locals and couples only!”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Owner is friendly full of personality! Sunrise bagel was great! My kids odered the waffle with whip cream and they said it wasn't good, but I didn't try it. It was tight and cramped to eat. The owner out of the blue came to us and told us its wasnt busy then but when it got busy we should move outside to make room for others cause there wad limited seating. She talked and talked to a local who took up the only table which our family would sit and it was cold outside 52 degrees around 8 am I thought that was rude! Doesn't matter won't be back!

Providence, RI
“quirky and delicious”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Wow - ! I had never had a steamed bagel sandwich before - but now, every time I return to Fort Myers on vacation, I am definitely stopping in here again and again. The service is very friendly and I felt right at home in the cozy little artsy atmosphere. Bring a few extra bucks to pick up a used book to read while you sit on the beach!

Labadie, Missouri
“Okay, but doubt I'll return”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Tuckaway Bagel and Wafel (The name is spelled incorrectly on their sign- a pet peeve!) has good, not great bagels. The server was very friendly, but I was a little put off when she grabbed my bagel without using a tissue or glove right after handling money. I thought the price was a little high for what you get, but the bagels were good, and they had a wonderful selection.
It's a quirky place, with a selection of books and games available for purchase. Although a little dark inside, Tuckaway is a pleasant place to eat. (And I believe they have free wi-fi.)
There are many choices open for breakfast on the beach, so I doubt I'll be returning to Tuckaway.

onemomentyoufind, Owner at Tuckaway Bagel & Waffle Cafe, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
The spelling is correct. The first waffle ever invented in Belgium was spelled and is still spelled Wafel. Thanks Tasha