“better than the sum of its parts”
Review of Plaka Restaurant

Plaka Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

A nice little place for alfresco dining.We had the souvlaki platter, the pork was a tiny bit overcooked,the pita was undercooked, the salad was good, and lemonade excellent.The service was excellent, actually a little too fast, we hadn't finished our salad when the entree came out.It wasn't very busy. basically you're paying for the view, situated at the entrance to the Pier.A good place to people watch, they must have music in the Plaza at night as they were setting up the stage.Price wise it's about average. the souvlaki platter, was $12.75.Soda and draft beer, $2.25. its pet friendly, so bring the furry kid.
Bon Appetit

1  Thank bomax11

Reviewed 20 November 2013

After walking through this area and having various choices to eat we decided to come eat here.

I needed to use the restroom before dinner and found it so filthy that we didn't stay to eat. The top of toilet wasn't even on the tank and the hose was spraying on the wall, the seat was broken, along with the trash on the floor and the filthy sink - should I go on?? I can't believe the waitresses wouldn't have reported this before a patron saw it. If this was the bathroom, I didn't want to chance eating there with my family. So we left.

I mentioned how terrible the bathroom was to the waitress and the man cooking in the kitchen went in there after me.

Owner, I see your posts that you had new management in Sept. Hmmm - you didn't see this???? I just moved to the area and am Greek so had this been a good experience I know I would have come back. - But instead I shared my experience with my friends.

1  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 15 November 2013

What I liked were the gyros...just like I expected gyros to be...authentic Greek food that didn't disappoint. Another great plus was the waitress told us all the other good places to eat on the beach & we could hear the music from the bar next door so we left after eating and went next door. I could not believe this waitress was telling us about all the other restaurants and recommending where to get the best pizza, fish, etc. Very hospitable of her but probably not so good for Plaka's business?

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Plaka is located close to the Fort Myers Pier in the middle of everything. The restaurant is open air with indoor and outdoor seating. We went for lunch and it was pretty empty and service was fast and pleasant. Me and my hubs had Souvlaki platters, pork and chicken. The rice was good though salty and the meat although tasty was dry. The pita bread was thick and spongy. The Greek salad was good mostly lettuce with lots of feda cheese. I would recommend this spot for location but not for connoisseurs of Greek food!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Service horrible. took 10 minute for somebody to take our order. and 30 minute to get our check. the place was not even crowd it. cause the waitress was flirting with some costumer.