“Nice Place Friendly Owner”
Review of Chicago Dawg House

Chicago Dawg House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just stayed in Fort Myers Beach right next door to this place. We were hungry one day so we walked over to have lunch here. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was more than just Hot Dogs on this menu. They had a bunch of different sandwiches and even had a breakfast menu. We ordered and when it was done they brought it over to the pool that we were laying next to next door. I would definitely stop here again when I am back in Fort Myers Beach. Very friendly service.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you want to go to a place where you get treated like crap, this is the place. My daughter refused to eat there after the way a guy named Robert treated us. Very condescening. Food was mediocre. Nothing to write home about.

2  Thank Ju252
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I live in Chicago and was excited to check this place out. The owner was totally rude to us in a number of ways. This guy does not represent Chicago in any way. I hope Portillos opens right next door and puts this guy out of business. Chicagoan
s, do not go to this place. You will be disappointed. Also, he puts ketchup on a dog with everything so that proves he's clueless.

3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Ate there after the crazy Fourth of July parade once it was quiet. The lady behind the counter was soo friendly and nice. And the food was incredible. Read a few of the other reviews and was so surprised. I guess the service all depends on when you go and who you get. The prices are a little high but it is the beach. Most things are a little more bumped up at any beach. I would suggest going when it's not too busy or crowded and you'll have a fabulous experience. We had no problems getting a parking spot or finding a table to sit down at. And seriously the food was great. Fries with the skins on. I'll leave it at that. Go and look for the woman attendant. She is a sweet heart.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

First time here. I asked the guy behind the counter (said he was the owner) if I was going to die tomorrow, what should I have off the menu. He told me to go across the street to Hooters. Okay, so I thought that was funny but snide and I finally decided we'd get two Originals. $7.61. A little pricey but I've paid more for less. He hadn't lost me yet. Then I asked him what was included for the $10.99 menu item. (2 dogs, any kind, including a small fries). He said "just what it says, can't you read?" Okay, now I'm thinking I may be getting something a little extra on my dogs so I said I wanted my money back. He told me I was getting the dogs I ordered because that's what the court's would say and no money back. Well by this time my wife and I were getting pretty nervous. He handed me my hot dogs and he kept running his rude mouth, even commenting on fat people and how he was sick of all the stupid questions. This turned into some sort of a back and forth, two teen boys witnessed. The guy got into my face trying to provoke me. I said keep your hot dogs and threw them on the back wall of his fine establishment.

2  Thank R C