Our family stayed March 10th - 15th for part of our Canadian spring break. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with partial gulf view which you could see from the patio. We didn't know this but only 3 bedroom suites get full gulf view.
Like other reviews, the suite was spacious, clean and everything we needed to cook so we could eat-in was supplied.
The pool was great but like others say, too small for the numbers of people using it. However there were always enough chairs. The outdoor hot tub was fun for everyone. What was great was the staff at guest relations who lent us chairs and beach toys, tennis rackets and balls complimentary. They also really saved us on Saturday morning when we needed to leave to catch our plane but Estero Blvd was closed due to the St. Patrick's Day parade. We took a back route out and made our plane in plenty of time. The screened patio was great and we used it a lot. Dislikes: you need a car to go to different spots. The travelling time is painfully slow along Estero Blvd with construction, slow moving trucks and congestion - particularly around 10 - 11 in the am. Go early in the morning before 10.
Garbage collection in the early morning hours was noisy and woke us up as did the racoons one morning. Try for a room that is not so close to the garbage cans of the hotel next door. (We were in room 304.)
While the room was great, the carpet was looking a little grungy and there were tiny ants on the kitchen counter. We put most of our food in the fridge and that seemed to work (the ants went away) - but these are very small complaints because the general experience was really great. Even with Canadian March Break, it was generally quiet at night. We all wish we could have stayed longer. Some other tips: go shelling earlier 8:30 am; skintastic for the sand fleas and they do get the kids alot because they play in the sand. The BBQs fill up quickly (and not all heat up well), renting a cabana early in the day gets you a good spot and you can go and come back until 5:00 pm. And when you get home, wash your shells in a 50% mix of bleach because they really do stink.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the charming south end of Fort Myers Beach on the widest stretch of sand, GullWing offers 66 condominium 1-, 2- & 3-bedroom suites with complete home amenities, including in-room laundry and a full kitchen. Enjoy a beachfront pool, elevated tennis court, fitness room, guest bicycles, barbecue grilling deck, poolside snack bar, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your GullWing Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gullwing Beach Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Gullwing Beach Fort Myers
- Gullwing Fort Myers
- GullWing Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida
- Gullwing Resort