Peaceful, relaxing stay for our anniversary. Resort is a condo hotel, with each unit individually owned and 8 units per floor. Our first night was in a room on the 8th floor with a large balcony overlooking the bay with a beautiful sunrise, saw several dolphins and with low tide, an exposed sandbar attracted many wading birds. A bottle of chilled champagne was waiting for us, along with a card wishing us a wonderful anniversary - nice touch. Unit has a small kitchen, main area with dining table, couch and TV, nice size bedroom with comfortable king size bed and bathroom (combo shower and jetted tub). Very clean, basic unit but looks like all original appliances and TVs, could use a refresh. On the afternoon of the 2nd day, some rowdy guests checked into several rooms on our floor. Instead of waiting to see how loud they might get later, we inquired at the front desk to see if another room was available. (On plus side, we only heard them when they were in hallway going between their rooms, didn't hear them when they were in their units - walls seem solid and soundproof). Staff was great and not only moved us to another room, they upgraded us to the 11th floor. This unit is the same size but facing the other direction, to the Gulf. It was a cloudy evening but my guess is that it has a gorgeous sunset view. This unit is more recently renovated with granite countertops, a modern shower and larger TVs.
Our room rate included breakfast at Flippers, a cute open-air restaurant next to the resort. Breakfast was delicious - I had eggs and breakfast potatoes, husband had pancakes. Our dinner the first night was also good - coconut shrimp (4 large shrimp with mango salsa) and blackened grouper sandwich.
Nice size pool and hot tub added to our relaxing stay.
Beware the lowered speed if you take a right out of the resort and go over the bridge towards Fort Myers Beach. Very small sign for dropping speed limit down to 25 going over the bridge. There was a sheriff checking speeds on the other side of the bridge. Drop in speed limit is marked much more clearly coming from the north, heading south. Speed limits seem to drop a lot on the bridges in area, so be careful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the islands of Southwest Florida is a tropical oasis known for its impeccable beauty and amazing wildlife. Escape to an intriguing island getaway where dreams become reality. •Situated on a small almost private island •Centrally located between Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach, Bonita Springs and Naples. •Breathtaking Views of Estero Bay, Lovers Key State Park, Gulf of Mexico •Adjacent to Lovers Key State Park with unspoiled beaches and secluded hideaways •Featured with Lovers Key State Park as number 4 on the Travel Channel's Top Ten Florida Beaches •Of course, we can't forget to mention our sensational SW Florida sunsets and star gazing in the evenings from your private balcony. See for yourself why our guests consider us their personal hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lovers Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lovers Key Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lovers Key Beach Hotel
- Beach Key Lover
- Hotel Lovers Key Beach
- Lovers Key Beach Florida
- Lover Key Resort
- Lovers Key Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida