“Excellent waterside restaurant”

Nervous Nellie's Ft Myers Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Description: Nervous Nellie's and Ugly's is Fort Myers Beach's best waterfront restaurant. Featuring fresh seafood, steaks and and the largest selection of sandwiches, Nervous Nellie's is great for large groups or that special occasion. Live entertainment, concerts,and table side magic, add to the fun atmosphere you will find here. Don't forget happy hour all day everyday at Ugly's waterside bar located above the main restaurant.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This restaurant is in a great spot with fantastic service and a huge menu. The food was excellent and portions huge - would highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,538)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stopped here for drinks after our boat trip. Gin & tonics perfect. Quirky location with great views.
Recommended by a couple from South Virginia we met on the boat.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first time at Nervous Nellies and my first time in FMB. This restaurant was amazing! We sat upstairs on the patio at night and experienced beautiful views of the water and all of the boat coming into dock. our server was very friendly and quick to attend to our needs. Firstly, we ordered fried alligator. This was my first time trying gator and I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted great. For my entree I was completely floored to receive my lobster roll. It was massive! After eating until I was stuffed, I brought home what looked like an untouched lobster roll. There was that much! I land the best part was that it was only $20!! I loved it so much that we came back two nights later to do it all again! This was by far my favourite restaurant on the island.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a quirky, Key West style restaurant in a great location on the water. It had the largest menu I have seen outside the Cheesecake Factory, with some classic dishes and some really unusual ones too. We had six different meals between us and every one was absolutely delicious and absolutely huge! Don't have an appetiser! Our waitress was good fun and knew the menu well, so was able to point us all in the right direction for dishes that we would enjoy. The drinks were great too. There is a gorgeous coconut cocktail, but beware the special martini, which is a pretty pink colour to disguise the fact that it will blow the top of your head off!
After our meal we went out on the deck where live music was being played, but sadly it was just too hot to dance.
We had a great time and will definitely return when in Fort Myers again.

1  Thank J W
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Originally we only intended to stop here for a drink, however, we were enjoying the live music so much we decided to stay for a meal.

We ate on the upstairs balcony (think thye call this section Ugly's) which has great views and an all day 'Happy Hour'. My wife and I shared a grilled seafood platter which was very good, just right amount of flavouring to allow taste of the fish to win through. My daughter had shrimp which were 'great' and son had a burger (also very good).

Waitress was very friendly and efficient.

Only downside of the meal was a group on next table smoking cigars which even though we were outside were very pungent.

Would recommend this place for a nice quality meal with good views and a great vibe from the live music.