“A peaceful stay”

Sandpiper Gulf Resort
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I made a spring break trip here with our 3 year old daughter. It was so relaxing and peaceful, which is hard to accomplish with a 3 year old! She loved the pool, we loved being able to sit with a cup of complimentary tea and watch her swim! The ocean is calm and the amount of things to explore on the beach was amazing. The chair and umbrella rates were a bit pricey, but if it had been a real concern there were plenty of local places where we could have bought our own. The wifi signal was a bit hit and miss, but it was good at the pool so just spend some time there checking emails! I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a quiet trip away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mamastub
SeniorPSR, General Manager at Sandpiper Gulf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Thank you for joining us this Spring for a visit to the Sandpiper. I am happy to know that we delivered exceptional service and that you had a relaxing stay with your family. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Very nice hotel, very happy with our stay. Clean, great location, and safe. 24 hour security was wonderful and very helpful with our bags and suggestions about what to do in the area. We had a bit of a problem with the front desk clerk, he was very rude, (I have let the owners know about him) But everything else was very good. Will stay here again. They are currently remodeling so this hotel will be even better soon!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Linda M

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort. I am sorry to hear of your complaint, this has been addressed. I am happy to know that you did have a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We found the resort on the internet and were impressed by the reviews, knowing they are not always the full truth. In this case, however, everything was correct. It's a perfect getaway. The rooms are spacious, the kitchen is small but you have everything you need, the Barbecue grills on the property are marvellous. We had a beach room on the 1st floor and enjoyed the sunset every evening with a Steak and good wine.
Currently the rooms undergo some renovation (which is necessary). Thus, it should be even better in future.

Room Tip: The beach rooms have porches or a balcony facing west. Great sunsets
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johannes L

Thank you for your highest recommendations. It is so important to us to provide a true representation through our website and social media. I am happy to know that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your return on your next Fort Myers Beach vacation.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We needed a break from the hecticness of life. Even though we only had four days, they were well spent at the Sandpiper! The beaches were beautiful! We were swimming with dolfins and watching manatees romp in the waters! The room was clean and spacious. Loved that we could have our breakfast and lunch in our room and not take too much time away from playing in the surf or pool or shuffleboard! Boys learned how to paddleboard and enjoyed the nature walk at sister property the Pink Shell. It did the trick!! Everyone enjoyed their time at the Sandpiper!

Room Tip: If you are looking to grill they have a lovely area by the pool. A first floor poolside room will ge...
2  Thank Sylvia A
SeniorPSR, General Manager at Sandpiper Gulf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

I am so happy to read of the wonderful time you had at our resort during your recent family vacation. It is our pleasure to exceed your expectations and provide a service that adds great value to your stay. We look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were excited to stay at the Sandpiper for the fourth time because this time I had finally secured a coveted beach front property.I had reserved through Expedia and I specified two Queen beds. My son, 40 years old and my grandson, 6 years old and I were traveling there for a three night stay.
Upon my arrival I was dismayed to find that they had assigned me to a third floor room with no elevator, It was my son's job to carry up all our belongings; Not to mention I was recovering from knee surgery. Once I made it up the three flights, I stayed in my room most of the time to avoid painful trips up again. No other rooms were available to me unless I wanted to give up a beach front view. Upon seeing my room, it had a king bed and pull out couch, m y poor son who I hadn't seen in a year had to sleep on the couch.
After two nights the management switched to a first floor beachfront room.
Unfortunately, it was near the pool gate which kept banging at night and very early in the morning! By that time red tide had come in and sitting on our porch was not possible because of the horrible fishy smell, The Gulf along Ft. Myers beach was dark and murky looking.Due to a routing of overflow water from dirty Lake Okechobee.
The maids in our first floor room had used so much bleach in the bathroom I could barely go in there for most of the day and evening.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I am very sorry for your disappointment upon arrival. We do our best to accommodate specific requests, such as room location. We want nothing more than to provide an exceptional experience and to take care of our guests like family. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed 5 days with our Family again at Sandpipers and we appreciated again!
The white Beach, the comfortable, clean Rooms, WiFi included, the Hotel and the helpful and very friendly Staff!
And Things will going even better when the renewing is done!

Room Tip: Beach-Front - so you stay really at the Beach!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SeniorPSR, General Manager at Sandpiper Gulf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the Sandpiper Gulf Resort. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your experience on Fort Myers Beach and equally enjoyed your time at our resort. Glad we could be such a memorable escape for you and your family. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've just returned from 6 nights at one of our favourite locations - Fort Myers Beach. Having fell in love with Fort Myers Beach when we first visited 6 years ago (stayed at the Pink Shell) we were so excited to be returning and we were not disappointed. We were a little bit nervous about staying a smaller hotel with limited facilities but we loved everything about this hotel. The staff were very welcoming and happy to provide some local knowledge. Free use of beach towels - with clean/fresh ones never in short supply - is always a nice touch for us Brits. We had an oceanfront room (which was unexpected as we had only booked a pool view) and it was lovely. Very comfy beds, lovely shower and a much bigger kitchenette than expected. The terrace on the ground floor was of a great size and lovely place to sit eating breakfast and watching the world go by. We often saw dolphins playing in the sea not far from where we were swimming which was a lovely sight.

There is a good choice of watersports available on the beach offering discounted prices to hotel guests. We tried a couple of local restaurants nearby and would thoroughly recommend 'Charlies Boathouse'.

My only complaint is more to do with the lack of consideration by other guests when using the gates to access the pool / beach. We must have been the only family that closed the gate behind us rather than letting it slam and break the silence.

Such a lovely hotel in such a lovely part of the world. We will definitely return whenever we stay in Fort Myers Beach... in fact we are already planning to return with our family next summer

Room Tip: Room 155 - or any of the ground floor oceanfront rooms would be perfect
1  Thank Adam H

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great time and that you are already planning your next visit! Thank you for submitting this review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Fort Myers Beach vacation.