I can't say enough about the Sandpiper Gulf Resort! I ended up having to find a place to stay rather quickly when my mother (who was on vacation) was admitted to Healthpark Medical Center in the ICU. I checked out a couple of other places and ended up staying at the Sandpiper due to the accomodations and the price. I was immediately greeted by the General Manager Monica who sympathized with my situation and was more than accomodating. She even included prayers for my mother's recovery! After a couple of days I also had the opportunity to meet Rodney, another office worker (not sure if he has a title). Rodney was awesome! He took care of me and any concern I may have with care and understanding. He too offered prayers for my mother's speedy recovery. I ended up staying at the Sandpiper for 3 weeks while getting Mom back on her feet. The accomodations were beautiful, the staff was always cordial and pleasant, the grounds were impeccable, etc. They also have available discounted rentals of jet-skis and parasailing right on the property! Last, but certainly not least, was Mike the security guard. I would see Mike on the property almost every evening after returning from the hospital...sometimes it was quite late. Mike always made me feel safe and secure. Being a woman and staying there alone can sometimes be a little scary but seeing the security guard and knowing he was always there gave me a sense of security that I may not have felt at other resorts as they do not all have a security person at night. Mike would see cars pull onto the property and immediately approach the car ensuring they were a guest and were supposed to be there. He would then assist with any questions or concerns. Thanks Mike!
All in all, my stay at the Sandpiper was wonderful! I found peace and tranquility there while I was dealing with, at times, a very difficult situation. Mom is doing much better and is due to come home in the next week or so. I would recommend anyone to stay at the Sandpiper, young, old, children, etc. The two pools were great and one being designated as 'Adults Only' was a bonus!
A personal 'thank you' to Monica, Rodney and Mike for taking care of me and offering your prayers and assistance! Each of you obviously take your jobs to heart and it shows in all you do! I WILL return to the Sandpiper, hopefully under better circumstances, and I know I will enjoy every second!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a truly charming and intimate Gulf front oasis on the white sands of beautiful Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Sandpiper Gulf Resort is a seaside escape set on the softest 315 feet of sand in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. With just 63 suites, newly remodeled in classic British West Indies style, the Sandpiper sits on a breathtaking stretch of beach in the heart of Estero Island. Stroll the perfect white sands. Grab a wave runner and fly across the calm Gulf waters. Take a refreshing dip in our Gulf front pool. Wake up each morning and sip your coffee on a private balcony or lanai overlooking the turquoise waters. The Sandpiper is your tranquil paradise. Yet, we're also just minutes from all sorts of activities including championship golf, fishing and boating charters, tennis clubs, shopping centers and movie theaters. You enjoy the best of both worlds - a Florida vacation that truly feels like an escape with all the conveniences you desire right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandpiper Gulf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Gulf Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Sandpiper Gulf
- Sandpiper Gulf Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida