“We come back every year!”

Sandpiper Gulf Resort
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We have been staying at the Sandpiper every year religiously for the past 8 years or so and have no intention of looking elsewhere. We love the location, the peace and quiet, staying right on the water, and have all that we need around us (gym, grocery store, restaurants...). Its all we could ask for. We have laundry facilities available to us, which makes things much easier. The staff there is always welcoming. Rodney makes sure we have everything we need and is more than helpful. He has become a friend! Grant is always there to fix or help us with anything we need. We just could not get better service if we stayed somewhere else. We are comfortable there and really feel like we are on "vacation" as soon as we arrive. I would recommend the Sandpiper to everyone that wants a nice, comfortable, charming place to vacation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2010

Very good location and helpfull staff.
Very clean Resort, what a difference to others!
Will select again on our next trip.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I can't say enough about the Sandpiper Gulf Resort! I ended up having to find a place to stay rather quickly when my mother (who was on vacation) was admitted to Healthpark Medical Center in the ICU. I checked out a couple of other places and ended up staying at the Sandpiper due to the accomodations and the price. I was immediately greeted by the General Manager Monica who sympathized with my situation and was more than accomodating. She even included prayers for my mother's recovery! After a couple of days I also had the opportunity to meet Rodney, another office worker (not sure if he has a title). Rodney was awesome! He took care of me and any concern I may have with care and understanding. He too offered prayers for my mother's speedy recovery. I ended up staying at the Sandpiper for 3 weeks while getting Mom back on her feet. The accomodations were beautiful, the staff was always cordial and pleasant, the grounds were impeccable, etc. They also have available discounted rentals of jet-skis and parasailing right on the property! Last, but certainly not least, was Mike the security guard. I would see Mike on the property almost every evening after returning from the hospital...sometimes it was quite late. Mike always made me feel safe and secure. Being a woman and staying there alone can sometimes be a little scary but seeing the security guard and knowing he was always there gave me a sense of security that I may not have felt at other resorts as they do not all have a security person at night. Mike would see cars pull onto the property and immediately approach the car ensuring they were a guest and were supposed to be there. He would then assist with any questions or concerns. Thanks Mike!

All in all, my stay at the Sandpiper was wonderful! I found peace and tranquility there while I was dealing with, at times, a very difficult situation. Mom is doing much better and is due to come home in the next week or so. I would recommend anyone to stay at the Sandpiper, young, old, children, etc. The two pools were great and one being designated as 'Adults Only' was a bonus!

A personal 'thank you' to Monica, Rodney and Mike for taking care of me and offering your prayers and assistance! Each of you obviously take your jobs to heart and it shows in all you do! I WILL return to the Sandpiper, hopefully under better circumstances, and I know I will enjoy every second!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Courteous employees from check-in to room and grounds service. We had a slight problem with a noisy air conditioner which they remedied immediately. Excellent kitchen amenities and all equipment in good working order. The view is wonderful. It's a great family place but is also most enjoyable for older folks who don't care about being around younger families so much as there is both a family pool and an adults-only pool. There are some clear and concise rules which are enforced--such as no glass containers around the pool . This is a protection for everyone. The rules are fair and considerate. Because the service and amenities are so pleasant, we've returned there now for 5 or 6 years. They are very anxious to make our vacation experience pleasant.
While walking on the beach, i encountered a visitor, staying at another beach hotel, who asked me where I was staying. Learning that she had a handicapped sister with her, I suggested she look into the Sandpiper for future visits as it's so handicapped accessible and the staff is so anxious to please. Also, because the ocean is so close to the buildings, it would be easy for her sister to get to the water's edge.
Our daughter introduced us to this place several years ago. We stayed elsewhere on the beach one year but returned to the Sandpiper after that because it seems to be the best spot there is. The room rates are more affordable than some places, which allows us to stay longer. This is important to us as we're driving from northern MN to get there. Other family members now vacation there too--in fact our son considered returning there for his wedding a couple months ago but transportation logistics precluded it. He did honeymoon there, however. Both he and his wife love it there and find it such a pleasant and relaxing place so "get away from the busy-ness" of their jobs.
We enjoy the wonderful restaurants which are nearby. There is also great shopping for those enthusiasts.

My husband and I would recommend the Sandpiper resort to anyone who wants a relaxing and pleasant vacation with a great view of the ocean! And we have already made our reservations for next year!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2010

My family keeps going back year after year and for good reason. The staff has ALWAYS been friendly--both at the desk and housekeeping/maintenance. The location is wonderful, and the rooms/facilities have always been clean. Two pools help to alleviate stress between those with children and those without. You can also rent a jetski or arrange a parasail ride right there on the beach in front. I never have, though, because we always enjoy just hanging out at the pool and on the beach at the Sandpiper!

The only improvements we would have liked this trip would have been minor maintenance issues such as an inoperative ceiling fan and slow-to-drain stool. But they were minor enough that it didn't cross my mind to report them, so it's hard to fault the staff.

Plus,we were too busy enjoying the rest of the experience!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2010

Very nice, clean place to stay. The people at the desk were wonderful.
We'll be staying there again!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We have stayed at this hotel for the last eigth years with the exception of the year it was under construction and the year my husband had a stroke. My girlfriend found this place by a stroke of luck. We rent two rooms and come with the kids. It"s great. We brought a friend for a little get-away on Friday in April and left on Sunday. Mike the nite watchman gave us the key and made sure we got in fine. The next morning Rodney helped me settle up the bill and looked after our needs for the next two days.We"re going back in July for a couple of days with the kids. Hope to see Rodney, Marta, and Mike real soon.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends