This resort is our favorite place on the west coast of FLa. We have been there 7 times, and this time, it's starting to show some wear in the rooms. We had double beds, they were a bit firm, and the sheets kept popping off. There's nothing worse that waking up on a bare mattress that you don't own. That being said, the sheets and pillowcases are
fresh and clean. The bedspreads are heavy, dated, and a bit soiled. I don't think they are
changed between guests on a regular basis. Some routine maintainance, such as repair of loose faucet handles in the bathroom, would be nice. I feel houskeeping should be aware of these things and report them, a guest should not have to. The "NO FOOD OR DRINK ON THE POOL DECK" rule is not enforced; however, i think when people are on vacation to relax, that is a dumb rule. The beach is absolutely beautiful and clean. The sunset cannot be beat...breathtaking. Back to the rooms, the air conditioner in our room was on it's way out, so to speak...at night with 4 adults and 2 children, we were roasting....the laminate floors are beat and warped in the tub area, not a good choice where there's water. However, these are small annoyances when the big picture is beautiful location, friendly staff, and lots to do in the area. We will definitely go back again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a truly charming and intimate Gulf front oasis on the white sands of beautiful Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Sandpiper Gulf Resort is a seaside escape set on the softest 315 feet of sand in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. With just 63 suites, newly remodeled in classic British West Indies style, the Sandpiper sits on a breathtaking stretch of beach in the heart of Estero Island. Stroll the perfect white sands. Grab a wave runner and fly across the calm Gulf waters. Take a refreshing dip in our Gulf front pool. Wake up each morning and sip your coffee on a private balcony or lanai overlooking the turquoise waters. The Sandpiper is your tranquil paradise. Yet, we're also just minutes from all sorts of activities including championship golf, fishing and boating charters, tennis clubs, shopping centers and movie theaters. You enjoy the best of both worlds - a Florida vacation that truly feels like an escape with all the conveniences you desire right around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandpiper Gulf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Gulf Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Sandpiper Gulf
- Sandpiper Gulf Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida