“The great suprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heidi's Island Bistro

Heidi's Island Bistro
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: American, German, Austrian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: After over 30 years of experience in the restaurant business in Europe and Canada, we have made our dream come true and opened July 2012 our restaurant Heidi's Island Bistro in Florida, Fort Myers Beach. We want you to feel comfortable & that you enjoy our great German and local dishes under the Sun in Florida. Heidi's serving Breakfast from 7 am - 11:30 am, Lunch from 11:30 am - 4 pm & Dinner from 4 pm - 9 pm. In our small attached bakery you will find some nice selections of sweets, Bread, German Rolls and Cakes & of course the famous Black Forest Cake. The team of Heidi's Island Bistro will do their best so that you have an unforgettable dining experience.
Columbus, Ohio
“The great suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

When you arrive to the restaurant, it appears as a hole in the wall. However, inside is very nice but nothing fancy. However, the food is delicious and the value is amazing. I stopped one morning for breakfast and had the eggs benedict. It was probably the best eggs benedict I have ever had. In addition, I got home fries which were also very tasty.

The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is mainly known for their Germain food. I was told on Sundays they have a all you can eat buffet which all of the German favorite foods are available. We were not in town long enough to try it but heard from others its awesome.

Stop by and try this gem. I think you will agree it is very good.

“Die Heimat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service made me feel like I was at home in Frankfurt. I highly recommend the Sauerbraten and red cabbage (rot kraut).

1 Thank Restaurantrater
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Yum yum yum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Food was great. Service was great. If you are in the mood for German food or just something to make your taste buds really happy. This is the place

1 Thank zomer4343
North Port, Florida
“Not the best, most efficient service, but the food was delish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

The service was not bad, but it was veerryyy slow. It took a long time to get our drinks and food.for a couple's dinner, I wouldnt have minded the slow paced evening. However, we had 3 exhausted and hungry children with us which made minutes waiting seem like hours and even the adults were getting a little antsy waiting so long for our drinks and food. BUT when the food came, it was sooo worth it! The lobster bisque was homemade and exceptional. The garlic shrimp with rice is the best I've ever had-absolutely mouth watering. My husband's steak was cooked well and was tender. The garlic butter for his baked potatoe was very good as well. My son got the boneles wings-which were literally that, wings with the bones taken out- tossed in teriyaki sauce. They were tender and flavorful. Unfortunately, we were not aware that this was a mainly German cuisine restaurant when we visited, so the others at the table had chicken ceasar salads- which were good. They may have had the grilled chicken dinner, but felt it was very over priced at just under 20$. I felt the menu for more American geared food was very slim, however, as I said, we were unaware that we were going to a German restaurant. We went there because it was rated #1 in fort myers. Overall, I would say this is a great restaurant, but would not highly recommend it for a family coming in to eat after a day at the beach. This setting and menu is more for a couple looking for a slow paced, quiet dinner.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food, avg. service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Like other reviews the food is great. Waitress/hostess was the only person in the front. She was nice enough but just not very warm. We were there for dinner. Potato pancakes, sausage plate, schnitzel, sauerbraten, red cabbage (nice clove? flavor), German potato salad (unique mustard base for me) all were great. Great break from the seafood heavy restaurants.