I just returned from the Lani Kai two days and let me start off by saying I had read reviews prior so I knew what I was getting into. Having only planned this trip a month in advance and not wanting to spend $300 or $400 a night, this was pretty much the only option and honestly, I still feel we overpaid. The location was amazing, right on the beach and within walking distances to restaurants, and the staff was friendly and accomodating. Those are about the only redeeming qualities. We arrived around 10:30 on a Thursday night and had a hard time finding a parking spot due to all the people there for the restaurant and bar. I was really frustrated they didn't have reserved spots for guests of the hotel. The elevators were incredibly slow and smelled like a mixture of stale vomit, smoke and body odor. The vents in the hall were old and rusted, there were chunks of concrete falling off the walls, there was water damage on the ceiling and the furniture in the room was outdated, vinyl, and uncomfortable. The bathroom, however, seems to have been updated recently. There was only one working light bulb on the bathroom vanity and only one mirror-most hotels these days have a bathroom mirror as well as a full length one elsewhere in the room. I was a little confused by the restaurant situation, they boast the Sundecker and the Island View, but we could only find the Sundecker, where we had breakfast all 3 days. The food was surpisingly good considering, but the staff was beyond slow. Overall, one of the worst places I've ever stayed but I did know what I was walking into so it wasn't a total shock to the system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *Lani Kai Island Resort* - Beachfront Resort on Fort Myers Beach This oceanfront, family-owned resort is located in Fort Myers Beach, Florida. Features include 3 beach-view restaurants, 7 beach bars with specialty tropical cocktails, full resort amenities, live entertainment 365 and more! Our rooms are recently renovated and include bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, hair dryers, makeup removal towels and more! Each room has a beachfront balcony to enjoy the mornings and sunsets and include a coffee maker and fridge to keep your mug warm and drinks cold. Free high speed wi-fi, private beachfront balconies, flat-screen televisions with full cable broadcasting, an outdoor pool right by the Gulf of Mexico, beach chairs & umbrellas, Jet Skis, Dolphin Tours, Parasailing, and more! Experience excellent service from our 24-hour front desk staff, refresh your wardrobe in our laundry facilities, and keep values safe in the safe deposit box. *The Bay Inn at the Lani Kai* - Inn on the Fort Myers Beach Bay Situated on Fort Myers Beach bay, The Bay Inn at the Lani Kai includes access to all resort amenities at Lani Kai Island Resort, which includes 400 feet of beach access, a heated pool, and nightlife entertainment. The inn features a dock for fishing and wildlife viewing. A microwave, refrigerator, and coffee-making facilities are included in every guestroom, and a seating area with a sofa bed is provided. Guests can stay connected with our high speed WiFi for free, and can relax with beautiful views while enjoying our flat screen TVs with cable. Suites offer full kitchens and more space for extended stays and larger parties, or enjoy the extra room all for you! The 24-hour front desk is located at the Lani Kai Island Resort while The Bay Inn at the Lani Kai includes free parking for 1 vehicle. *Lani Kai Attractions* - Fun in the Sun! Beautiful white sand beaches and the soothing warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico on Fort Myers Beach, there is always something to keep you busy at the Lani Kai! The Fort Myers trolley stops directly at the Lani Kai Resort throughout the day. Using the local trolley service, guests can explore Fort Myers Beach’s Island, and Lover's Key State Park which is a 12 minute drive away. We have talented performers and entertainers to dance & sing along to. Limbo, water balloon toss, and dance offs daily with special prizes for winners! Public events for everyone, private events for parties/businesses and destination weddings means daily events and weekly specials all year! No visit to the Lani Kai is complete without some outdoor adventure. Try out a wave runner or fly high over the Gulf of Mexico with panoramic views behind a parasail boat. Glide through the water on a 2-hour guided jet-ski dolphin tour. Feel the wind through your hair or capture images of this beautiful tropical island. For the beach bunny in you that doesn’t want to move out of your chair while enjoying the beautiful sea breezes, we have a fantastic wait staff that brings your cocktails right to your chair! We won’t let you go thirsty at the Lani. Explore classic beach styles in quaint boutique gift stores lining the beach and have fun shopping for all your vacation souvenirs! We have a beach side playground area for kids to play as parents enjoy an amazing view of the Gulf. Beach games and the pool keep kids happy. *Beachfront Restaurants & Snacks* Food is Lani Kai’s forte with top rated restaurants ranging from casual beachside patio Sabal Palm Beach Bar & Grille, to our two rooftop restaurants including Sun Deck Restaurant with legendary “Glider Lounge” and Island View Restaurants infamous seafood and Italian fusion food fare. All restaurants have happy hour 7 days a week as well as unique daily specials to keep bringing both guests and local restaurant patrons back for more! With validated parking for every customer, you can park on the beach for FREE while enjoying your favorite plate overlooking Fort Myers Beach! *Live Entertainment 365 Days A Year* Fort Myers Beach’s best Entertainment on the island is found only at the Lani Kai. Keep jamming at our beach stage with island tunes and into the night at Club Ohana with live entertainment 7 days a week. From Dueling DJs, Live Bands and special guests appearances from national acts and celebrities through out 6 different bars and lounges, Lani Kai are always up to something! *Paradise Weddings and Private Events* Experience a magical Destination Wedding on Fort Myers Beach. Lani Kai provides all types of wedding services from rehearsals to full on ceremonies and wedding receptions. We have everything covered from rooms, food, decor and more! Our wonderful wedding planning staff is ready to assist your every need and is happy to assist brides and grooms with all the support they need so that their special day is perfect. Plan your next event at Lani Kai from birthdays through corporate events. Birthday parties, religious holidays, private parties, non-profit events, fundraisers, award ceremonies and more! Ranging from small gatherings to full restaurant's service, our event venue flexibility is what makes planning an event at Lani Kai fun! Choose your size, food selection, location and we will take care of the rest! *Convenient Location* Fort Myers Beach Times Square and Pier is 550 m from the property. Naples is 38 km from The Bay Inn at the Lani Kai, while Sanibel is 7 km away. Southwest Florida International Airport is only 13 Miles (22 km) from the property. Thanks for being here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Lani Kai Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lani Kai Island Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Lani Kai Island Motel
- Lanai Kai
- Lani Kai Island Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida