“Memorable value stays on Ft Myers beach”

Sun Deck Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Myself and several friends have enjoyed many memorable stays at the Sun Deck Inn on Ft Myers Beach. Every room is different, and I've seen them all. The owners, Rick and Rae are on site, and readily offer a cell phone connection should they have to be away. They keep the place very clean and comfortable. The location is unbeatable. A quick walk to nearby restaurants and shops on Old San Carlos; the beach, pier and time square; and the night life of Estero Blvd. Yet, set back from the crazy street noise so that you can sleep soundly in comfy beds. The buildings are like the lost boys treehouse and the hotel name should clue you in that there is a great huge sun deck with tables and chairs for all guests to enjoy. Florida beach hotels do take a lot of wear, but this one is kept well and the best value on the beach.

Room Tip: view the photos and descriptions of each room. Weigh your choice based on how much lounge space you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lareenfl

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Sun Deck Inn in early June and over the July 4th weekend. During both stays, I was very happy with our room and the owners. They are very helpful and laid back. Our room was HUGE! Two king beds, one Queen bed, pull out sofa, full kitchen, and two bathrooms.

The only downside is the parking situation. During both stays our parking spot was occupied by other visitors and people from the Lighthouse Inn across the street. We were told that if our spot was taken to just park in another spot that was available. Unfortunately this led to other Sun Deck Inn visitors not having a parking spot and coming to our room and asking us to move. It wasn't really their fault, but it was still an annoyance.

Even with the parking situation, I would stay there again. It's affordable, clean and spacious.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Miss_Van8
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel way back in December of 2013 for the 4th of July Celebration. I looked online everywhere, but most of the hotel in Fort Myers Beach was either booked or they charged way too much! I booked it through Booking.com. During my search, the Sundeck Inn was the only one that popped out that still has a room for 4th of July. It's our first time to see fireworks in Fort Myers Beach. Last year, we were in Key West. My husband and I wanted to see a different place for fireworks displays so we can compare them. I booked our hotel for 2 days. Checked-inn on the 4th. The owner of the hotel called just to confirmed our reservation. She was nice enough to mentioned about the traffic if we were to travel on the 4th of July. We didn't know about the parade until she mentioned that too. She offer us a low-rate to booked the day before, so we could be in Fort Myers Beach before the chaos starts. I'm glad that we booked the extra night because if we came on the 4th of July, they closed the bridge from 9-12 for the parade. The traffic was crazy too coming in the town. If you're just coming in to see the fireworks, they jacked-up the price for parking and there's not enough places to park. I'm just happy that our hotel was about 2 block from the pier where they had the fireworks. We were surprised too how clean the place was. We had the Bostonians, we are on the ground floor. Easy access to our parking because it's in our front door almost. The room Is very roomy. We have a small fridge, microwave, and we even have a stove so we could cook. We're very pleased at this place. Very convenient...close to shoppings, restaurants, and the beach. I will definitely get a room here again. If you're planning, book it soon because they fill-up fast. Most of the people that stays here booked a room already for next year. I will recommend this place. Affortable & descent rooms.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rubylicious
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Sun Deck Inn at Ft. Myers Beach is a very eclectic and quaint, family oriented property. From the colorfully painted bungalows and stairways to the sea side effects, you will feel right at home. A quick walk to the beach and surrounded by wonderful eating establishments, all equally enthusiastic about your stay. Parking is at a premium so when you find a spot, "park it" and walk or take the local bus to your destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank deb l
Reviewed 30 March 2014

worst stay during our trip through Florida. Office was closed when arriving. Our slogan during the stay was: Just look, don´t touch anything!!! Spend the whole evening driving around in Fort Myers to look for an alternative, but there was not any room available for a reasonable price. Finally, we decided to spend the night in our "New Bedford" room, but covered most of the bed with as many towels and blankets of our own. Did not want to use towels provided. Noisy AC. Filthy bath mats and dirty all around the room. Kitchenette not worth talking about. Absolutely over prized. See pictures and avoid that property!!!

4  Thank panorama-girl
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were really disappointed with the money we spent for this motel. It just felt dirty. We stayed in a single room. The 'kith hen' was a small fridge and two questionable burners on top. We ended up leaving at 5am. For the cost it was certainly not worth it. Ick! Don't do it!

5  Thank Amy H
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I knew when we booked that we were not going to be staying at a 5 star resort, but I can't say I'm overly impressed. The owners were very kind but disorganized. We were mistaken for another couple and shown to the wrong room, but I was assured this was the one I booked. We went with it and unpacked and left. Came back to see the owner moving our stuff to a different room....I wasn't exactly comfortable with this but you do what you have to do in a pinch. Our room was very damp and humid and did not cool down (even with the A/C set on 68 and the ceiling fan running). The room was also very dirty - the bathroom and kitchen were very dusty and grimy. This did not bother me too much. What bothered me was when I went to check out and was told the room had already been charged to my card - without my knowledge or consent. I also did not get a receipt as the owners were in a hurry to leave when I checked out. Many little things made this a bad experience, and I am hoping they were just busier than usual as this is not a good way to run a business. Also, our bed was VERY lumpy and uncomfortable. Hard to sleep on.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nantucket room.
4  Thank bgoodman34