“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Playa Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Myers Beach
Casa Playa Resort
Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

Casa Playa is simply amazing. It was my first time to Ft. Myers and I chose Casa Playa because it rated #1 of 43 condos/resorts in the area. The rating was spot on. From the 6th Floor unit, there was a 100% unobstructed ocean view. The building is so close to the ocean that I kept the balcony door open (w/air turned off) day and night. I could actually lay in bed and just raise my head and only saw water. It was the most awesome location in relation to the beach/ocean I have ever stayed at. Loved that a room key was required for access to the pool, to the restrooms near the beach/pool and even for ice. There was a private entrance to the beach with very nice lounge chairs. They have a covered patio table on the beach with a gas grill for your use anytime. The resort is within walking distance of Times Square which has all kinds of cool restaurants, bars, shops, etc. The Casa Playa staff is incredible. They were impressive from my initial call to Jesse before booking. Check-in was quick and simple. The ladies working in the office during the week were courteous and very helpful. They treat you like family. I loved Ft. Myers and every time I go back, I am staying at Casa Playa and am telling all of my family and friends to stay there too. GREAT PLACE.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Fenton, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

Returned yesterday from a 5 day trip to Casa Playa to get away from the cold St. Louis winter, what a great trip!
We were in room 602, it was an efficiency-type unit with a king bed, pull-out couch, kitchen, screened balcony, large bathroom and walk-in closet.
The view was amazing! Nothing but beach and water! I have never stayed so close to the beach! We slept with the doors open listening to the waves and feeling the breeze. The furnishings in the unit were somewhat dated, but everything was functional and extremely clean.
The pillowtop king bed has to be one of the most comfortable beds I've ever experienced.
The pool is heated and ranges 4-5ft deep; again very clean. There are restrooms conveniently located right next to the pool . The restrooms and pool require your room key to access.
Nice lounge chairs are available at the beach as well as a covered picnic table and gas grill for guest use.
The staff at Casa Playa is wonderful! They were helpful with directions and recommendations for dinner. You can walk down the beach right to Times Square at Ft Myers Beach.
I definitely recommend the Casa Playa for a great beach vacation!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

I can't say enough nice things about this place. Staff is great as is location and cleanliness. This was our third year there and am hoping to return next year. Any problems are taken care of immediately. Only flaw was the mattress--tended to sink in the middle.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Drobinson281, Manager at Casa Playa Resort, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Dear Guests
Nice review. We are very happy you enjoyed
Your stay at the Casa Playa Resort. We look forward
To seeing you again. I only wished you would have
Told our front desk about your bed sinking in the middle.
I went to the unit and notice the wheel was bent on the
Bed frame and a new bed frame have been ordered.
Again thank you and hope to see you soon.
Sincerely
Debbie Robinson
Casa Playa Resort
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

This was the "Family Hotel" my sister picked out for my niece's family and guests, coming in from out of town for her wedding, like myself. I did not know, however, what a treat it was going to be to stay here, and what an exceptional job my sister did in picking out a hotel for us. It's located right on the Gulf of Mexico...with a beautiful view of the water, and the opposite side (the side I stayed on) has a lovely view of the bay and surrounding area. I actually liked the Bayview (It was gorgeous) better than the Gulfview! The staff was completely accomodating, and the hotel was quiet - not in the middle of the party hotels down the road, where the atmosphere was less than desirable, and the rooms and ammenities were very nice too. Each room has a theme of it's own...mine happened to have a tropical theme. Also, there was a kitchen in every room. The hotel was close by to not only the wedding, but also the reception, and the rehearsal dinner the night before. I also liked the fact that the people you dealt with in the office spoke and looked like they were American - just my preference. In retrospect, the actual owner might have been British. In fact, if you travel with an animal, there are rooms available to bring them along also. I slept in a room that was designated as a pet room, although I did not have a pet with me, and I can tell you it was just as nice as the other rooms my family stayed in. No smell, no fleas...just perfect!

If I had to nit-pick about anything...the only thing I can come up with is that my particular room had a mini-sized ironing board, so I borrowed the full-sized one in my sister's room, since we had several rooms occupied by members of my family. No two rooms are the same in this hotel, as you can see by the photos they provide - so, you may want to ask if you need a specific item, or request. I have no doubt in my mind that the owners will bend over backwards to meet your need. This was only a small inconvenience to me. I very highly recommend this hotel, for my experience here was nothing but the best!! I'm certain your stay will be highly-satisfying also. :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hjblondie
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

My family and I had the recent pleasure of staying at Casa Playa Resort. We were attending a family wedding and because of the time of season I assumed that the hotels would have abundant vacancies. I ended up initially booking a room at another facility in town. When we arrived it was totally inadequate. The manager at Casa Playa Resort reached me through a relative that was already checked in and explained that she could arrange for us to stay at the resort. We hurried over and checked in as soon as we could. The accomodations were clean and well cared for and the hotel property was kept in perfect condition. There was secure parking and plenty of beach related items made available to guests. The view from the beachside units was gorgeous! We are already discussing our next visit to this area and will make sure to call Casa Playa Resort...we will not stay anywhere else! I am very grateful to the staff (particularly Leanne). Thanks for making our short stay comfortable so we could just enjoy our time with our family!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Superfun2010
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed here with my wife and the place was so much cleaner and the front desk personel were awesome. Thanks to Debbie who showed us where to go and what times were the best times to beat the rush, my wife and I had an awesome time. Rooms were clean and the pool area was so quiet. Thanks Casa Playa for making our 1st vacation a great one.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2010

We stayed in Unit 102 at Casa Playa and watched the Dolphins jump out of the water from the enclosed balcony while we had breakfast. The trip was made even more wonderful as we were allowed to bring our dog with us so she too could watch the glorious sunsets. The unit has a full kitchen,has a very comfortable king bed, a large flat screen TV and was very clean.The location is great as you are able to walk to restaurants and stores. The staff is friendly and makes you feel like family. We will be back often to enjoy this affortable beach vacation with our best friend..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple