“Never had a bad meal here”
Review of South Beach Grille

South Beach Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: South Beach Grille specializes in serving cuisine that is traditional with a creative flair. We take pride in offering fine dining, exceptional food and high-quality service. The art deco decor with a warm atmosphere, exquisite entrée presentation, and great service guarantee you an impressive time. Our experienced chefs prepare each and every dish in a way that meets or exceeds standards of culinary excellence.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Although it's been a few months, I've eaten here several times and was always quite impressed. This is one of only two restaurants on the island with a slightly more upscale feel (the other one being Bayfront Bistro) and it's worth spending a little extra to get away from the greasy touristy restaurants in Times Square. I've had the scallops, the prime rib, the mussels, among other things- all fantastic. They have good specials and a decent wine list. Sadly, the outdoor seating is extremely limited since it's in a strip mall but the inside is nicely designed.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I was visiting Fort Myers Beach and read the reviews so decided to eat here. We were very disappointed. We arrived and waited 1/2 hour for a table which isn't bad. We was seated at 7 o'clock and waited 15 minutes for a waiter, we ordered a drink and the Shrimp Scampi appetizer. We was served the Shrimp after about 20 minutes and was shocked that for 12 bucks we got 4 small Shrimp, we kinda laughed it off and hoped the meal would be better. We waited another 1/2 hour for our meal and it was not better. The flavor was decent but the portion was small and meat was tough. We got our bill another 10 minutes later, by the time we paid our bill and walked out the door we had been there a total of 1 hour 40 minutes from the time we were seated. We spent about 70 bucks here and I am positive we would have gotten a much better meal for less at either Fresh Catch Bistro or Nervous Nellies. O well live and learn, we try everyplace once.

1  Thank brownsmanOhio
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We dine there each time we are in Ft Myers Beach. There was an error with the reservation that was quickly and graciously corrected. Food and service were top notch. Great local beer on tap and the ribs were delicious. Be sure to make reservations, as this restaurant is always busy.

We look forward to dining there again next year!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

There is only 1 road into and out of Fort Myers Beach so it can get very congested. We used Trip Advisor to find a place away from that congestion. We had a hard time locating it because it was tucked away in the corner of a strip mall. When we pulled into the lot we thought it would be a small little place. Looks are deceiving. It had a long attractive bar the length of the room. Drinks we're delish. Ambiance was dark but inviting. Noise level was comfortable, you couldn't hear others conversations unless you wanted to. The food was pricey but very good. My hubby had mussels over pasta although loaded with mussels there was less than a cup of cooked pasta. I had a mahi dish that was perfect. Nice presentation too.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have been regulars here since they opened and it keeps getting better. Always make a reservation. We have probably tried every appetizer, salad, and dinner they offer. Our favorites are the ahi tuna dinner, and filet, but we usually order the chef's creative special for that day. The tuna steak is my favorite on menu entree. It is always seared perfectly rare and is of excellent quality. My husband loves to get a steak oscar style with crab meat, and we usually add on extra shrimp, scallops, or lobster tail. Diverse wine list. Delicious Blue cheese salad. Great martinis. We also love the dessert drinks. Overall great service and the owners are always there working hard right along with the staff. They also host some of our town's community fund raisers for local charities. They are very accommodating to my requests and I can be sort of a pain at times. We are never rushed and always treated very well. If i had to offer any sort of constructive criticism, it would be some of the booth seats are worn and have no spring. I am really short though and I am sure the average size person doesn't notice. There are a few tables outside that are dog friendly, which is great when we stop in and have our fur friend with us. There have been countless times when I have had a either a crummy day or am just too exhausted to cook and this place always saves the day. This is our all around favorite restaurant on Fort Myers beach whether we want a nice dinner just the 2 of us, entertaining clients or visiting family, or stopping in at the bar for drinks and appetizers. We love this place and are grateful that it is here.