“Nice place”

Charley's Boat House Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A tradition of excellence! Charley's is always a local favorite. Taste of the Islands Award Winner, year after year. We strive for perfection in quality, service and taste. #1 Certified Angus Beef Restaurant in Florida, aged and hand cut on site.
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Good place, service can be a little slow but overall very good

Write a ReviewReviews (1,431)

Reviewed 20 April 2009

We go to Charley's Boat House for the great salad bar and great seafood. The atmosphere is good and everytime we have eaten there have never been disappointed in what we've ordered for dinner. May be a bit pricy but wel worth it in my opinion.

Reviewed 8 March 2009

My wife and I went to Charley's Boathouse Grill in Fort Myers Beach, Florida because they had a special on a snow crab dinner -- a delicacy in Florida. We got there at 7:30pm, but there were no snow crabs -- they were sold out. The waitress apologized. Instead, we had New England clam chowder and the salad bar. We had to wait for the soup because there were problems in the kitchen. When it came, the clam chowder was skippy on clams and very salty. The salad bar was satisfactory. For soup, salad and a soda it cost about $50 with tip and taxes for two. The service was good, but the food was poor and too expensive. We didn't go back.

1  Thank AGCanada01
Reviewed 20 February 2009

My fam and I went here for dinner tonight. As far as the service goes it was ok. A nice english lady named Tony took care of us. My mom's lemon drop martini came out with salt on the rim. The second one was spicy she said. (she wanted me to try it but i declined!). So i'm guessing if you stick with the basics at the bar you will be fine. The fresh bread was awesome. The Corn/Shrimp chowder wasnt very great. King Crab was great. Petite Filet was great. Crab stuffed Sole was really rich. Didnt try my dads prime rib but it looked like it was prepared well. My salad from the bar was good. The salad bar has a ton of options so it's one of the better ones in town i'm sure. Overall the only downside I saw about the place was that the staff that was moving around were generally not aware of your presence and were moving through the dining room too quickly to not be obtrusive to the guests. If you go, which, I can recommend since this is the beach, get the carrot cake. No playing it's awesome.

1  Thank rporschen
Reviewed 18 February 2009

My family went to the grill for dinner- we have a small child (less than 1 year old) there were 5 of us all together- we were seated quickly. The food was great, good prices & good portion size- the staff was very friendly and the service was prompt. My son broke one of the water glasses at the table- and the staff didnt freak out on us or anything- they were helpful in the clean up and very polite. We would definitely eat there again! by the way -it was halloween when we went to the restaurant and the staff had great costumes, it made our visit even more fun.