“Overpriced for value.”

Charley's Boat House Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: A tradition of excellence! Charley's is always a local favorite. Taste of the Islands Award Winner, year after year. We strive for perfection in quality, service and taste. #1 Certified Angus Beef Restaurant in Florida, aged and hand cut on site.
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Salad bar is great but the entrees are grossly overpriced. I paid $24 for about 6 scallops and a sweet potato. My friend had tuna, also $24. Add a bottle of their cheapest wine and I was looking at a hundred dollars for an average meal. The server was very good and we had a lovely table overlooking the canal, but it definitely wasn't worth a hundred smackers.

2  Thank ooch11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,484)

Reviewed 11 May 2010

Great salad bar. Food quality was good. Service a little slow. Made the mistake of ordering a combo all u can eat plate. Could only order one item of the combo at a time. Took a long time and was pricey.

2  Thank Manned
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We ate dinner at Charley's Boat House Grill on 4/16/2010. We went later about 7:00 so we missed the early bird crowd. We were seated right away and the place is very nice indeed. Hot rolls right away with butter and they were very good. The salad bar is huge as advertized and fresh. I had shrimp and scallop scampi. The serving was on the small side and a little over cooked. My wife had Steak and it was excellent. I think I would stick with steak next time. Over all a pretty nice meal though I thought a bit pricey for what I got.

2  Thank D4379
Reviewed 9 April 2010

I spent a few days across the street from Charley's and decided to go over early one evening for dinner. It was obvious or I though it was going to be good because of the half hour wait. There were two of us and we had drinks that were good and were seated within 20 minutes. Our waiter seemed to be less than thrilled to be waiting on us. After we sat a table of four was seated and then a another table of two. We placed our order of petite steak (medium well) and shrimp scampi and the fish sampler. We ate their salad bar which was fresh and a nice choice. The hot rolls were good although the waiter didn't bring us butter. My problem was this: We placed our order before the table of four and two and they both received their orders before ours. When I asked the waiter, he said it was petite steak that was holding our order up. I then asked to speak to the manager. I am not a complainer nor do I expect something comped when there's a problem. About two minutes later after a 40 minute wait for a petite steak medium well we received our food. The steak had BLOOD coming out of it. It had to be returned and the waiter said he told the manager. Did the manager come over to us again? No. That to me is poor management. I was discontent and my fish sampler was dry and not tasty. I would think it was because they cooked it as long as the steak but who knows. I tried to find the manager on the way out, but I couldn't. This was a horrible experience that I have never had in the past and I eat out alot.

2  Thank hmw1016
Reviewed 26 March 2010

we went to charlie's boat house on our 2nd night of our vacation. the waiter quickly served us some drinks at our table. Then we were allowed to go to the salad bar. It was really clean and had alot o choices. Then we got our food. i ordered the U-peelum shrimp it was ok, but it had this funky taste to them. other people at our table had the scampy and liked it. would go back, but would not order that again.

1  Thank D-meister