“Good Value and Fantastic Location”

Carousel Inn on the Beach
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Good Value and Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this place for five nights and found a bargain through Livingsocial. To find a motel room on the best part of the beach with a full kitchen for under $500 for five nights was a great deal. I can imagine what a deal it would have been splitting the room with a couple. I will share my likes and dislikes.
Likes - Location, Kitchen, nice table with 4 chairs, efficient cleaning staff, near two Tiki Bars, assigned parking space, very quiet..couldn't hear neighbors or outside traffic, clean property
Dislikes - Pillows, rough linens, sheets didn't stay put, no luggage rack, shower curtain had mold spots
If the dislikes were improved I would give this place a five out of five for this type of establishment.
I would strongly recommend taking out the carpets and providing a broom for the sand. The carpet is nice for other establishments that are not on the beach. I enjoyed my stay at the Carousel Inn on the Beach!

Room Tip: The second floor was nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Booked a last minute overnight trip to do some kayaking at Lovers Key and the surrounding area and needed a place to stay. They offer Florida resident discounts which the office staff offered when they saw I was calling from a FL area code. I booked this place because it offered free parking for our kayak trailer. The rooms were clean and fresh smelling. The hotel was full, but quiet. It was only one night but I found the office staff friendly and helpful. This is an ocean front hotel and the beach had fine white sand and free beach chairs. All the rooms are efficiencies and the kitchenettes included a stove/oven, microwave and fridge. Didn't have a chance to check out the pool as it was only one night but will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you live in Florida, be sure to ask for the Florida Residents rate, better than the AARP rate.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Deputy, Indiana
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Yes the room is dated but we didn't go on vacation to stay and critique the room. It was very clean, we had a beautiful view of the ocean. It was peaceful and quiet every night. I would highly recommend staying here. We will again and again.

Room Tip: Please don't judge a book by the cover.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great place for your dog - and you too. We had a very nice stay at the Carousel which is on the beach. The beach is huge! I am guessing it is 200+ yards wide with soft, white sand. The hotel is toward the south end of the island so you are a distance away from the "touristy" area near the pier. The beach was not at all crowded and my Irish Setter loved it, chased his tennis ball into the surf for hours. The hotel room is a nice size. We had two queen beds which were quite comfortable, There is a kitchenette if you need that with a full size refrigerator. The room was clean and the towels were kept fresh. They have specific rooms for us dog owners (with an additional charge) - all at the end furthest from the beach, but it really isn't that far.
We always enjoy our trips to Ft. Myers Beach and generally stayed closer to the north end, which is great if you want to partake in the bar scene. From now on, we will be staying further south, the beach is much less crowded. The Carousel will be first on our list of places to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Craig D
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I hate for my very first review on tripadvisor to be a sucky one but... I've stayed at this hotel 5 times. Planned several vacations around it. Always loved it. It's right on the beach and has one of the best pools I've ever been in. The price is quite reasonable. This last time was just that. The last time. We planned on spending 2 weeks here. We had various problems that I could live with. The wi-fi was the worst. It kept cutting out and barely worked when it did. The pillows smelled moldy but were given fresh ones when we asked for them. The ceiling leaked water from the terrible people above us. That was the cause of the final problem. It seemed to be party central. The folks next door to us were having quite a party until well after midnight the night before. I could live with that, didn't have to get up early the next day. This night there were what sounded like about 15 young kids who'd been living on caffeine and sugar all day and were running and jumping. It actually shook our walls. Sounded like a herd of elephants. Tried to get to bed early so we could take the shuttle to Key West the following morning. Couldn't sleep. I called the night manager. He said he'd take care of it. He didn't. Called him again and he said he'd called them. I told him he needed to pay a visit in person as he lived off property. He didn't. He said it it came to it he would. I finally had to put my earplugs in to sleep. That went on till after 12:30 a.m. The following morning we checked out, and drove to Key West. We will never return. Too bad. I loved that place. All he had to do was to drive over and put a stop to it but he failed. If I'd only has a baseball bat...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim K
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

this is my second time here and still the best place to stay especially if you have pets, we got a great room with plenty of space and the sunset need i say more the hotel staff is friendly, my nephew stayed a few doors down and can't wait to come down and visit me again, oh dis i mention i moved here after my first visit.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family