As a longtime local resident with fairly regular visitors that enjoy beachfront hotels, I certainly know where NOT to stay on Fort Myers Beach. I also know that trying to get on and off the beach during an event is often unbearable with two young (impatient!!) children, so when a beach-going family member was coming to town during the Sand Sculpting Competition, I knew I had to find a place for us to stay the weekend. I happened upon Gulfview Manor Resort while mapping the event location and the price was certainly right, but I was concerned about some of the reviews I read here and on other sites. We have stayed at several beachfront condo rentals and bad can be very bad.
This condo was unbelievably clean, but very comfortable and inviting. It was obvious that the owners are trying to constantly improve on an older building and walls and crown molding were freshly painted, there were flat screen TVs with a full complement of channels in the living room and bedroom, and the bathroom looked recently remodeled. All furniture, including the beds, were in great shape (usually a telltale sign of poor upkeep) and comfortable. I was also pleasantly surprised that "side view" one-bedroom condo still had a very decent view of the beach. Real beach towels were provided for everyone (not chintzy bathroom towels) at no charge and really all the comforts of home were readily available. And the pool was actually heated!
For the people that complained about the water being so far away, really? That is the owner’s fault? That happens to be one of the best features of this end of Fort Myers Beach.
For the people that complained about the rules, really? There is no vacation rental that does not have almost exactly the same set of rules (and then some), most of which are common courtesies.
For the people that complained about the extra charges, really? This is all pretty clearly disclosed on their website. Parking on FMB is a premium. A one car limit is not unreasonable to be able to guarantee all of their guests a parking spot. This is not a hotel. I do not expect daily housekeeping, which is also clearly disclosed on their website. There were plenty of towels (and toilet paper!), you just have to look a little bit.
For the people that felt like the owner was watching their every move, really? My children are far from angels and can be pretty loud, but they respect other people. Maybe you and those in your traveling party are obnoxious and rude.
I feel like I want to keep this place a secret so I will always have a room when I need it, but I guess that would be a little obnoxious and rude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Family Owned Resort A Gulf Front family Resort with magificent Gulf Views and Sunsets from our 1 & 2 bedroom apartments. Beautiful Beach Pristine white sandy beach that beckons the young at heart. Enjoy walking in the sand as the waves roll over your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Gulfview Manor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gulfview Manor Hotel Fort Myers Beach
- Hotel Gulfview Manor
- Gulfview Manor Resort Fort Myers Beach, Florida