“Laid back resort for peaceful vacation”

Gulfview Manor Resort
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here last January and had a great vacation.
The grounds and units are kept spotless,thanks to an attentive
staff.Anyone who complains about the rules maybe should stay in
a place where the staff just doesn't care.Been to places like that before and never returned.
Ken does a great job that is why we will be returning in Jan 2014.

Room Tip: Try to get Gulfront unit view is fabulous
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Gulfview Manor Resort

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here last month for a week and can recommend it,good size bedroom although was a little dark with two lamps, would have liked a brighter light to search through my suitcase! Bed was comfortable and very clean, sitting room a good size with a settee and two leather seats, table and chairs and a TV. Kitchen was good, very large fridge and freezer above which we just used for ice. We ate out or used 7 11 for pizza etc. very handy for 7 11, Publix just down the road, no noise at night, lovely and quiet, overlooked beach so great for sunsets and glass of wine! used the trollee bus so we could have a few drinks before dinner which we tended to have mid to late afternoon, ample parking, excellent wifi, very quick and included in price, pool was warm and deep and chairs or sunloungers available - never crowded,staff very helpful and pleasant, lovely holiday and would used again.

Room Tip: This is an apartment rather than a hotel so bring your toiletries etc. toilet paper, soap and dish w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice place to stay at a fair price. Would I stay there again? I just did! This hotel is right on the beach, although it is certainly a wide beach. If you are a family with a lot of beach chairs, sand castle tools, and a cooler to carry, make sure your family is willing to help. A morning walk on the beach will give you plenty of pelicans and other birds to watch.

Good points:
Converted condos so they have separate bedrooms
Full kitchen instead of mini fridge and microwave (plenty of plates/glasses, utensils, but no cookware so bring your own or use the BBQ grills downstairs)
Nearby 7-11 and Publix for stocking the kitchen
Theater and restaurant almost across the street
Beautiful views
Very quiet, no slamming doors or people partying all night

Not so Good:
Dirty and uncomfortable wicker style sofa
Wireless Internet signal was weak

You won't get daily maid service. To me that it a good point since I do not want to be bothered, but I do understand that some people will not like that. The beds are also a bit soft, but that is again something that some might call good, while others will not like it so much. This was my second visit in two years time. Since last year, they replaced the big clunker TV in the bedroom with a flat screen and replaced the two fabric rockers with leathery chairs. Let's hope the wicker style couch goes next, but at least they are making improvements.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have been vacationing in Fort Myers for many years, but this is the first time at Gulfview Manor. We were very impressed with the place. Amazing ocean views with one of the largest balconies we have ever seen! Check in and out well extremely well, the staff is top notch to deal with, very friendly. Everything is well arranged and clean. I gave this place 4 stars and not 5 because it doesn't offer everything. There are no paper towels, small toiletries, daily cleaning service, and no dishwasher. They have dish soap and you are expected to clean all your dirty dishes. My only problem with this, are the previous guest as diligent as I cleaning dishes?? All in all, the value is fantastic and I would definitely vacation here again. The value is fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My fiancé and his family have been coming to Ft. Myers beach for the past 20 years on vacation. This year marked my second annual family vacation with my wonderful, future in-laws. Last year we stayed at the Pink Shell and chose to stay at a more laid back place this year. My fiancé's parents told us about GVM so we decided to take a day to drive over (we live in Ft Lauderdale) to check it out. You cant beat the view or the price!
I read all the reviews found online and the complaints about Ken... (I have to say that I love how he replies to all of the negative comments with an explanation of what actually happened.) We were given a list of all the do's and don'ts, rules, instructions for laundry day, etc. I signed all the necessary forms and began to move into our apartment for the week. The second morning we noticed a slight problem but when I reported the issue to Ken he had it taken care of immediately and even compensated us for the problem.
Our week was very relaxing. We enjoyed the pool, spa, beach and nice quiet evenings "at home".

Fast forward 2 months: I've had a frustrating day and to top it off, its pouring in Ft Lauderdale today.. I went to check the mail and have a hand-written post card thanking us for our stay. Completely brightened my day! We'll be booking a two week vacation next year with GVM!

Room Tip: Choose a room above the 3rd floor to have a beautiful view. If you bring your dogs, you Won't h...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Katie C
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I went on our first vacation together and chose to stay at Gulf view Manor. We were greeted by friendly staff when we arrived at noon after 24 hrs on the road and the room was ready to go so they let us check in early. We stayed on the second floor in a 1 bedroom beach front apartment. The room was clean, comfortable and had amazing views. Yes, they do have a list of do's and dont's but nothing that hindered our enjoyment of the property and our surroundings (and both of us are smokers..we had no problem going to the ground level and enjoying the weather while we walked our dog and smoked a cigarette) my bf even accidentally brought out a glass drinking cup instead of the plastic ones provided for outdoor use and was very nicely reminded to plz make sure to use the plastic ones outside. The beach at this hotel had the nicest sand and warmest water of all the beaches we visited during our stay. We definitely plan on returning to Fort Myers Beach next summer and already have decided to return to Gulfview Manor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat C
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The beach is breathtaking and the rooms are spacious and clean. The family owned part makes it uncomfortable for me as there is a reason I do not stay in B&B's...I prefer the anonymity and professionalism of hotels. This place gives you the feel of being house guests of a very picky host, and yet paying for the privilege. Reading the other reviews I can easily see the scenarios, with the owner, playing out exactly as the other reviewers described.

The living room, facing the ocean, is gorgeous, but that means on the other side of the condo the bedroom is a dark creepy dungeon of a room. You cannot open the blinds as the window is right on the walkway by the front door, and there are not enough lights in the room.

The vertical blinds are the kind without any attachments at the bottom, and this is a problem as with the a/c on blowing at them they rattle against each other and the window keeping you up all night. And you definitely need the a/c on. The living room will get freezing cold, while the bedroom will still be too hot to sleep in.

The grounds are very well maintained almost to the point of opulence, yet there are missing tiles by the pool side with caution tape strapped to the chairs. There was also a large cleaning machine parked right outside one room door and I watched shocked, while the people checking in there struggled with their bags trying to get around it to get in the door, yet this large machine never moved in all the days I was there. It was as if this is where it was stored instead of in a shed. But yet at the same time, standing in the same place, I can hear the beautiful sounds of a lit up water feature. Again, there seemed to be little continuity. The juxtaposition was curious, if not almost facinating trying tio find the loigic of it all.

All in all you can't beat the price and the location. I would stay there again, but at least now I will know what I am going in to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple