“Wonderful”

Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Fort Myers Beach
Monson, Massachusetts
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We spent four days here over the Christmas holiday and as soon as we got home, we booked the same room for next year. Clean, well furnished and a staff that is super friendly. Beach is beautiful and the movie theater across the street is a bonus. Loved it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GinnB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I (with our small Yorkie) really enjoyed our stay at Gulfview Manor. The ocean view with the fabulous white sand tipped off a great place to stay. The place was very clean and quiet and included a nice pool. The staff was very friendly and had everything in order. The place is older but updated. Even the crew that handled the cabana's was very nice. We will definitely return with friends and family some day. The only reservation about writing this review is, will one of our favorite spots be occupied when we want to return... You will enjoy!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have been to FMB many times before, usually with my family, this time, there were just two of us, so we decided to stay somewhere new.
The location is perfect, still on the greatest stretch of the beach. Publix & 7 11 are close by. Rooms are updated & clean, there is an amazing view of the beach. We rented a cabana for $20/day which is well worth it. Everyone was very nice, the people in the office, Joe at 7 11, Tony at the cabanas (who daily said hello & gave us tips as to what was going on locally each night).
After reading some of the other reviews, I was a bit nervous about the "rules and noise", but knew I wasn't planning to be in the condo much anyway. The rules were simple, I completely understand the reason for each of them, where to smoke, how to not break the blinds, cooling guideline so it doesn't freeze up. As for the noise, I brought a Bluetooth speaker with me which I used the whole vacation, & was never told to turn it down. We brought our own beach towels, as I assumed the ones they would give us to use would be small and thin, they were not, they were the same sort of beach towels I buy myself, won't need to pack any next time.
The pool is nice, warm & gets sun in the afternoon, wish there was a hot tub, but still enjoyed ourselves.
I liked that there was no maid service, this is not a hotel, it's a condo. I don't mind cleaning up after myself, it's natural for me, would rather not have a maid in the room everyday.
Overall great place, and great price, I plan to return!
My restaurant recommendations: Flippers on the Bay, Nervous Nellies & Doc Ford's

Room Tip: I called directly and let them know I was looking for a beach front/beach view room, and my view was...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kelly D
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here last January and had a great vacation.
The grounds and units are kept spotless,thanks to an attentive
staff.Anyone who complains about the rules maybe should stay in
a place where the staff just doesn't care.Been to places like that before and never returned.
Ken does a great job that is why we will be returning in Jan 2014.

Room Tip: Try to get Gulfront unit view is fabulous
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Canterbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here last month for a week and can recommend it,good size bedroom although was a little dark with two lamps, would have liked a brighter light to search through my suitcase! Bed was comfortable and very clean, sitting room a good size with a settee and two leather seats, table and chairs and a TV. Kitchen was good, very large fridge and freezer above which we just used for ice. We ate out or used 7 11 for pizza etc. very handy for 7 11, Publix just down the road, no noise at night, lovely and quiet, overlooked beach so great for sunsets and glass of wine! used the trollee bus so we could have a few drinks before dinner which we tended to have mid to late afternoon, ample parking, excellent wifi, very quick and included in price, pool was warm and deep and chairs or sunloungers available - never crowded,staff very helpful and pleasant, lovely holiday and would used again.

Room Tip: This is an apartment rather than a hotel so bring your toiletries etc. toilet paper, soap and dish w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane S
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice place to stay at a fair price. Would I stay there again? I just did! This hotel is right on the beach, although it is certainly a wide beach. If you are a family with a lot of beach chairs, sand castle tools, and a cooler to carry, make sure your family is willing to help. A morning walk on the beach will give you plenty of pelicans and other birds to watch.

Good points:
Converted condos so they have separate bedrooms
Full kitchen instead of mini fridge and microwave (plenty of plates/glasses, utensils, but no cookware so bring your own or use the BBQ grills downstairs)
Nearby 7-11 and Publix for stocking the kitchen
Theater and restaurant almost across the street
Beautiful views
Very quiet, no slamming doors or people partying all night

Not so Good:
Dirty and uncomfortable wicker style sofa
Wireless Internet signal was weak

You won't get daily maid service. To me that it a good point since I do not want to be bothered, but I do understand that some people will not like that. The beds are also a bit soft, but that is again something that some might call good, while others will not like it so much. This was my second visit in two years time. Since last year, they replaced the big clunker TV in the bedroom with a flat screen and replaced the two fabric rockers with leathery chairs. Let's hope the wicker style couch goes next, but at least they are making improvements.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
toledo, Oh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We have been vacationing in Fort Myers for many years, but this is the first time at Gulfview Manor. We were very impressed with the place. Amazing ocean views with one of the largest balconies we have ever seen! Check in and out well extremely well, the staff is top notch to deal with, very friendly. Everything is well arranged and clean. I gave this place 4 stars and not 5 because it doesn't offer everything. There are no paper towels, small toiletries, daily cleaning service, and no dishwasher. They have dish soap and you are expected to clean all your dirty dishes. My only problem with this, are the previous guest as diligent as I cleaning dishes?? All in all, the value is fantastic and I would definitely vacation here again. The value is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family